SOLVED Multistore or 2 instances of PrestaShop?

lucoral

Aloha,

I am not getting multistore working for me. I have 1 SSL for 1 shop, the second shop (no SSL) I am trying to set up won't load. I get either a 500 error trying to load www.xxx.com or an error when the browser cannot load  "en". It looks like the full address www.xxx.com/en is being broken up into two.

So I'm thinking I might be better off with another full installation of PrestaShop, with a separate back office for the second shop. What do you think?

best, Tim

Edited by lucoral (see edit history)

Aloha,

I am not getting multistore working for me. I have 1 SSL for 1 shop, the second shop (no SSL) I am trying to set up won't load. I get either a 500 error trying to load www.xxx.com or an error when the browser cannot load  "en". It looks like the full address www.xxx.com/en is being broken up into two.

So I'm thinking I might be better off with another full installation of PrestaShop, with a separate back office for the second shop. What do you think?

best, Tim

That should be possible.

Enable the debug mode. What errors do you get

Aloha, Daniel, thanks for replying.

here are the recent error log entries, is there something that is apparent to you? I don't see anything obvious. I've removed lines relating to other errors about USPS mail issues, I do not think those errors are relevant. I removed identifying directory listings. I am not seeing new errors listed when I attempt to load the the problem website today, Oct. 7. The problem remains the same.

I have been clearing cache in Advanced Parameters/Performance as I have been testing, but that has had no effect.

Do you know if running a full second install of PrestaShop causes problems? I haven't found any posts about that.

[04-Oct-2016 14:59:15 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: amount in /public_html/cache/smarty/compile/5d/22/e0/5d22e0018671505d237ff7fa5e69aeb91fc1eeb9.file.admin-order.tpl.php on line 55
[04-Oct-2016 14:59:15 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: currency in /public_html/cache/smarty/compile/5d/22/e0/5d22e0018671505d237ff7fa5e69aeb91fc1eeb9.file.admin-order.tpl.php on line 56
[04-Oct-2016 14:59:15 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: mode in /public_html/cache/smarty/compile/5d/22/e0/5d22e0018671505d237ff7fa5e69aeb91fc1eeb9.file.admin-order.tpl.php on line 62
[04-Oct-2016 14:59:15 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: date_add in /public_html/cache/smarty/compile/5d/22/e0/5d22e0018671505d237ff7fa5e69aeb91fc1eeb9.file.admin-order.tpl.php on line 69
[04-Oct-2016 14:59:15 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: amount in /public_html/cache/smarty/compile/5d/22/e0/5d22e0018671505d237ff7fa5e69aeb91fc1eeb9.file.admin-order.tpl.php on line 166
[04-Oct-2016 14:59:15 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: id_transaction in /public_html/cache/smarty/compile/5d/22/e0/5d22e0018671505d237ff7fa5e69aeb91fc1eeb9.file.admin-order.tpl.php on line 174
[04-Oct-2016 19:40:39 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  unserialize(): Error at offset 98298 of 98304 bytes in /public_html/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 40
[04-Oct-2016 15:55:04 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /public_html/controllers/admin/AdminOrdersController.php on line 396
[04-Oct-2016 15:57:39 US/Hawaii] PHP Warning:  unlink(/public_html/cache/cachefs/7/d/f/7dfcc1003d88d570d9811acf8db82220): No such file or directory in /public_html/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 95
[05-Oct-2016 10:21:24 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  unserialize(): Error at offset 475105 of 475136 bytes in /public_html/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 70
[05-Oct-2016 15:03:34 US/Hawaii] PHP Notice:  unserialize(): Error at offset 57318 of 57344 bytes in /public_html/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 70
[05-Oct-2016 15:07:18 US/Hawaii] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Argument 1 passed to AdminInformationControllerCore::getListOfUpdatedFiles() must be an instance of SimpleXMLElement, null given, called in /public_html/controllers/admin/AdminInformationController.php on line 174 and defined in /public_html/controllers/admin/AdminInformationController.php on line 178
[06-Oct-2016 16:32:31 US/Hawaii] PHP Warning:  unlink(/public_html/cache/cachefs/7/4/3/743e860cdde1e4496e49da8c89c2cbb7): No such file or directory in /public_html/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 95
[06-Oct-2016 16:32:31 US/Hawaii] PHP Warning:  unlink(/public_html/cache/cachefs/7/d/f/7dfcc1003d88d570d9811acf8db82220): No such file or directory in /public_html/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 95

Thank you again for any light you can shed on this problem, I appreciate your time and attention!

best, Tim

Aloha, El Patron!

Thank you for your reply, I am not getting a new error in the error log when I attempt to load the problem site today. One of two things happen, when I try to load the problem site.

1. If I click on Shop in the top banner of the Back Office, the browser attempts to load a page with the address "en" only.

2. If I click on Multistore, and then on the store that does not have the SSL certificate, the browser attempts to load the site, but does not add the /en to the address. I get a standard "500 Internal Server Error".

The server error log does not show a new error, neither does the error log in the PrestaShop admin folder.

I have one site that has SSL, that site loads fine, with the /en added to the address in the browser. The problem site does not have SSL.

If I pretend that the problem site has SSL, and add that line to Shop URL page, then it loads, but complains that the certificate has a problem, which is true, as it is the wrong certificate.

That's what I can tell you about this problem. I'd like to know if I can just run a second copy of PS, and have 2 back offices. Do you know if there are problems trying to do that? I'd have 2 databases, of course.

Thank you again for your time and expertise, El Patron!

best, Tim

Aloha, El Patron!

Thank you for your reply, I am not getting a new error in the error log when I attempt to load the problem site today. One of two things happen, when I try to load the problem site.

1. If I click on Shop in the top banner of the Back Office, the browser attempts to load a page with the address "en" only.

2. If I click on Multistore, and then on the store that does not have the SSL certificate, the browser attempts to load the site, but does not add the /en to the address. I get a standard "500 Internal Server Error".

The server error log does not show a new error, neither does the error log in the PrestaShop admin folder.

I have one site that has SSL, that site loads fine, with the /en added to the address in the browser. The problem site does not have SSL.

If I pretend that the problem site has SSL, and add that line to Shop URL page, then it loads, but complains that the certificate has a problem, which is true, as it is the wrong certificate.

That's what I can tell you about this problem. I'd like to know if I can just run a second copy of PS, and have 2 back offices. Do you know if there are problems trying to do that? I'd have 2 databases, of course.

Thank you again for your time and expertise, El Patron!

best, Tim

The crucial question of choosing a multishop.

Are you sharing everythinig between two shops, cats/prods/etc.

or 

are you running different catalogs between  shops

for me here lies the distinction and my opinion, there is no advantage in mulitshop when catalogs differ.  

for me a multishop is good best suited for sharing the same catalog in multiple domains and then configuring native configuration defaults,  shop name, defaults (currency/lang) etc. 

so if two different catalogs I like one install per catalog.

one thing people do not consider is subsequent upgrade, a ms, different theme per shop etc.  How do we upgrade just one shop?....it's not possible, we must upgrade all shops.

As for your ssl issue, here is where shop manager or shop builder must step up, if you  cannot solve issue to overcome your particular tech issue.  There is no known issue with a native ms and ssl that I am aware of.  I suggest searching on that via google and make sure to open new 'topic' for new question/issue to get best community feedback.  then you can post link back here and hopefully resolution. :)

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

Aloha, Daniel, El Patron,

I have two distinct shops, with different merchandise in each. El Patron has helped me clarify my thought processes regarding how to proceed, and I mark this topic SOLVED, my thanks to you both!

Best, Tim