Custom order generates paypal fault.

Hi,

I've created a order on behalf of a customer (created an account and order for them), sent the email asking for the customer to complete the "Process the payment of your order" .they went through the process and confirmed the order and selected "I confirm my order" and it should of taken them to paypal but instead it came up with an error. The user was unable to tell me what the error was.

I tried it my self and made a order for my self and went through the same process. Clicked on the "I confirm my order" and took me to another page(not paypal) and it just say's "Error Occured:" No actual error code or anything at all. I'm not sure the actual problem at all. I'm using Paypal as the payment processor. 

I've attached the error I'm getting, any suggestions would be appreciated

post-1286612-0-95036700-1475784385_thumb.jpg

post-1286612-0-62862500-1475784386_thumb.jpg

After a little investigation work, It appears that when I create an order manually and set the status of the order as "On Backorder (not paid)" or "Awaiting PayPal Payment" for some reason I think Prestashop will automatically say that there is nothing for the customer to pay (even though there is) as it say's the total is £8.35 and does not allow user to actually pay for the order.

Even though I initially set the order to "Awaiting PayPal Payment" in the order creation page, once I click create order,it reverts it to "On Backorder (not paid)" and I dont exactly know why??

Not sure I understand....

Don't click on "confirm the order" but only "send an email with payment ecc ecc" and your customers receive the email with the cart full, just choose the payment method and that's it!

Hi,

I've tried that also. I made a test order myself and clicked on "send an email with payment etc" and it sends me a link, I click on the link and takes me the cart where I put in/confirm my details and it then takes me to the first screen shot which leads onto the second screenshot error.

I've been having issues with PayPal orders where the customer makes a cart but doesn't order immediately. I haven't explored it fully but basically if there is a substantial delay between creating the cart and ordering there is an error. I think this has something to do with token mismatch but it happens so infrequently that I haven't had time to explore it fully. If you are creating the order and they are paying it that might be the same issue but I can't say because we don't create orders for customers. If a customer orders offline we simply process the order manually and send them a PayPal invoice to pay.

I've been having issues with PayPal orders where the customer makes a cart but doesn't order immediately. I haven't explored it fully but basically if there is a substantial delay between creating the cart and ordering there is an error. I think this has something to do with token mismatch but it happens so infrequently that I haven't had time to explore it fully. If you are creating the order and they are paying it that might be the same issue but I can't say because we don't create orders for customers. If a customer orders offline we simply process the order manually and send them a PayPal invoice to pay.

Hi,

We've been creating the order in Prestashop then attempting to go into the cart and pay straight away so there is no delay.

Alternative to making a custom order for someone is by doing what you said, doing it via a PayPal invoice but that defeats the point of making a order on behalf of a customer

All I know is that for PayPal most of the time when a customer doesn't order but adds stuff to their cart and then leaves the site and returns later there is an issue. This might be related because the cart is created in the backoffice.

To figure out what is going on you need PayPal to help by getting them to send you what information is getting sent to them so you can identify what is wrong but getting though the first few layers of CSRs to someone who can help you is torture. 

All I know is that for PayPal most of the time when a customer doesn't order but adds stuff to their cart and then leaves the site and returns later there is an issue. This might be related because the cart is created in the backoffice.

To figure out what is going on you need PayPal to help by getting them to send you what information is getting sent to them so you can identify what is wrong but getting though the first few layers of CSRs to someone who can help you is torture. 

Problem is no data is being sent to PayPal because as soon as we click on "I confirm my Order", it just takes us to the next page where it comes up with a "Error Encountered" but doesnt say what the error is..

Without seeing it hard to guess at what the problem is.

You should specify which PayPal module you are using and which service as PayPal Pro and PayPal Advanced are very different and will have different issues.

Good Luck.

PayPal v3.11 - by PrestaShop

Website Payments Standard.

The issue's im encountering are shown in a screen shot in the first post...

I have the same problem, when somebody tries to confirm the order it gaves the error:

Order summary
PayPal payment

PayPal
You have chosen to pay with PayPal.

Here is a short summary of your order:

Shipping address

And it ends there.

I have sent a message to Paypal with no reply to date.

I wil apreciate some help.

Regards.

In my case, it worked ok until Paypal ask me to change my account to Business, that I did, since then I have this problem; at Prestashop in the Paypal module it says that everything is ok and that I can already receive payments. I have changed the API configurations several times, but the problem goes on.

I just have made an order by myself as a customer, I have chosen an article and tried to pay with Paypal, it leads me to my Paypal account correctly, I do the payment there but then it gives me the error I said before again, no payment remains at my Paypal account.

I can't understand anything.

• 2 weeks later...