Outlet & catalogue mode & ;-(

Dear community, I have 5 problems:
My client sells kitchens.
Some of these kitchens are in its warehouse, the other are sold showing the photograph directly from the catalog.
  1. My client wants to show only the kitchens prices that are in his warehouse.
  2. My client would like them to be purchased via prestashop.
  3. While those, showing through the catalog, must not be purchasable via prestashop and the price not to be shown.
  4. So for kitchens that are in your inventory, you will see the button "add to cart" while for kitchens that are not in his store you will see a form to contact the store and ask for information.
  5. Finally I have to create two entries in the menù, one that will only show the products purchasable, and one that will only show the products not purchasable (I tried to use the tags but this module can not work together with categories; so if I select one tag i can't further filter the results pressing a category)

Thank you for your help

Simone

Dear community, I have 5 problems:

My client sells kitchens.

Some of these kitchens are in its warehouse, the other are sold showing the photograph directly from the catalog.
  1. My client wants to show only the kitchens prices that are in his warehouse.
  2. My client would like them to be purchased via prestashop.
  3. While those, showing through the catalog, must not be purchasable via prestashop and the price not to be shown.
  4. So for kitchens that are in your inventory, you will see the button "add to cart" while for kitchens that are not in his store you will see a form to contact the store and ask for information.
  5. Finally I have to create two entries in the menù, one that will only show the products purchasable, and one that will only show the products not purchasable (I tried to use the tags but this module can not work together with categories; so if I select one tag i can't further filter the results pressing a category)

Thank you for your help

Simone

Hello Simone,

Check this post please, you might find what you need right there.

Regards,

Daniel

• Like 2

Hello Simone,

Check this post please, you might find what you need right there.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Daniel

You gave me a great link but I had already read it.
The reason why I started this post is that I have to solve 5 problems and the link you suggested only solves the first three issues.
What I understood from the post that you linked is that the store should not be set as "catalog" and that every article should be set with visible or invisible price, bookable or not bookable.
  1. But how do I show a form of contact in the product page, only for products not bookable, and that the mail that comes to my client includes the detail of which product they want information? ( 4° problem in the original post) 
  2. And how do I create an entry in the menu that filters the items only for those bookable? or only those not bookable? ( 5° problem in the original post) 
Thank you again for your fast answer.

Simone
Edited by oby1sky (see edit history)

Thanks Daniel

You gave me a great link but I had already read it.
The reason why I started this post is that I have to solve 5 problems and the link you suggested only solves the first three issues.
What I understood from the post that you linked is that the store should not be set as "catalog" and that every article should be set with visible or invisible price, bookable or not bookable.
  1. But how do I show a form of contact in the product page, only for products not bookable, and that the mail that comes to my client includes the detail of which product they want information? ( 4° problem in the original post) 
  2. And how do I create an entry in the menu that filters the items only for those bookable? or only those not bookable? ( 5° problem in the original post) 
Thank you again for your fast answer.

Simone

1. You can buy a module for product booking and add some small adjustments to it so it will be displayed only for non bookable products.

2. It's simple, place the non bookable products in a additional new cateogory and display that category in the menu.

Hope this helps you.

Edited by Daniel Patilea (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1. You can buy a module for product booking and add some small adjustments to it so it will be displayed only for non bookable products.

2. It's simple, place the non bookable products in a additional new cateogory and display that category in the menu.

Hope this helps you.

1. Ok, i will look for a module, perhaps you have idea witch module is able to introduce this functionality?
  2. I can't use this solution because the store has 60 categories. If i have to create the outlet category to contain products that are in stock,  I'd build inside it the 60 categories, that would become 60 subcategories , which would disturb the SEO on the site since I have two pages with two equal title , for each category. Is there a way to make a query only for the products that are bookable or not bookable?

1. Ok, i will look for a module, perhaps you have idea witch module is able to introduce this functionality?
  2. I can't use this solution because the store has 60 categories. If i have to create the outlet category to contain products that are in stock,  I'd build inside it the 60 categories, that would become 60 subcategories , which would disturb the SEO on the site since I have two pages with two equal title , for each category. Is there a way to make a query only for the products that are bookable or not bookable?

1. http://addons.prestashop.com/en/19724-form-maker-contact-forms-and-product-forms.html

2. You can use Layered navigation module.

Edited by Daniel Patilea (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The first module you suggested seams working fine 

Instead I still have problems with the layered navigation module for this reason:

1. the link i did to the "products in stock" ( i called "outlet" )  is www.domainname/nameof1category#filter_instock . If i select another category from the left menù I will go to www.domainname/nameof2category without the filter "instock" so i can't do a section with only items in-stock. The problem here is that the block category module  doesn't work togheter with the layered navigation module. 

The first module you suggested seams working fine 

Instead I still have problems with the layered navigation module for this reason:

1. the link i did to the "products in stock" ( i called "outlet" )  is www.domainname/nameof1category#filter_instock . If i select another category from the left menù I will go to www.domainname/nameof2category without the filter "instock" so i can't do a section with only items in-stock. The problem here is that the block category module  doesn't work togheter with the layered navigation module. 

The question is :

Is there a way to let the filter_instock be more persistent or to say better: 

1. is there a link like www.domanname/SomeThingToWrite#instock  that will show all the products of the shop of every category that are in stock ? 
  2. And is there a way to let the "filter in stock" remain active also if i push a link from the block category module? 

The question is :

Is there a way to let the filter_instock be more persistent or to say better: 

1. is there a link like www.domanname/SomeThingToWrite#instock  that will show all the products of the shop of every category that are in stock ? 
  2. And is there a way to let the "filter in stock" remain active also if i push a link from the block category module? 

1. The first module that comes to my mind is this. It has some advanced filtering options.

2. I don't think it's possible.

• Like 1