How to use "Catalog mode" and show the prices

Hi,

I would like to show the price at the easiest field.

I am really noob on this :(

Thanks so much for your quick answer.

hello

i don't know where you want to display these prices.

only on product page? maybe somewhere else

please shed some light on this

ok, so open product.tpl file located in your theme directory.

there is code:

<!-- prices -->
{if $product->show_price AND !isset($restricted_country_mode) AND !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

instead of this code use this one:

<!-- prices -->
{if $product->show_price AND !isset($restricted_country_mode)}

Hi,

I did the change and the price is working fine but only for old products (the default products when you recently installed prestahop). Any new producto is not showing the price.

I changed from Catalog to non-Catalog and it showed the prices, then I turn back and it did not show the price again.

Any idea?

Thanks

It can also be done without modifications to the theme files. In reality, you don't want to run your shop in Catalog mode. You want to run it in normal mode, but set all products as "not available for order":

post-420007-0-44836900-1382391907_thumb.png

In case you have too many products to change them by hand one by one: I suspect that this could be done massively bu running an appropriate MySQL UPDATE query on the shop's database...

• Like 1

yea that's correct parsifal, it's the best solution in this case.

Hi,

I did the change and the price is working fine but only for old products (the default products when you recently installed prestahop). Any new producto is not showing the price.

I changed from Catalog to non-Catalog and it showed the prices, then I turn back and it did not show the price again.

Any idea?

Thanks

can you show your code please?

• 2 months later...

In reality, you don't want to run your shop in Catalog mode. You want to run it in normal mode, but set all products as "not available for order":

I'm sorry to contradict you parsifal, but in reality one _does_ want to run in catalog mode given that catalog mode is a store-level setting while "not available for order" is a product level setting. Your workaround is valid only in single-store environments.

I took another look at ps_product_shop and ps_product. Both tables contain the "available_for_order" column which means I was wrong, this is a store-level setting. The first time I overlooked it's existence in ps_product_shop :(

Your workaround _is_ valid in multi-store environments and with access to the database it's not even complicated.

Edited by varadipeter (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I know this is a long shot because the topic is old but I hope someone sees my post.

I am trying to get my visitors access to my products and prices as well but when I have products with to variants I get "The product is not in stock at the moment with these characteristics, but is available with others."

http://gourmetbussen.dk/eddike-olie/48-holms-appelsin-eddike.html#/indhold-200_ml

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Running your shop in Catalog mode is not the same as normal mode with all products as "not available for order" ..... Even having all products as "not available for order" will not effect your global settings (like the cart function), where Catalog mode does effect the global settings.

So ... in reality, there can be cases where one would like to work with Catalog mode while showing product prices.

That being said ... the following adjustment was needed but not quite enough for my PS version 1.6.1.0

ok, so open product.tpl file located in your theme directory.

there is code:

<!-- prices -->
{if $product->show_price AND !isset($restricted_country_mode) AND !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

instead of this code use this one:

<!-- prices -->
{if $product->show_price AND !isset($restricted_country_mode)}

In product.tpl I also had to change:

<form id="buy_block"{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE && !isset($groups) && $product->quantity > 0} class="hidden"{/if} action="{$link->getPageLink('cart')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post">

to:

<form id="buy_block" action="{$link->getPageLink('cart')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post">
Edited by WalTig (see edit history)