What tables of sql database can be emptied after disable the data mining module?

uvip

I noticed that in my database, there are very large tables, such as ps_guest, ps_pagenotfound, ps_product_lang, ps_search_index, ps_stock_mvt. I am wondering if these tables are controled by data mining module or not? Should I disable the datamining module if I do not need to see the statistics from our admin side? Will the disable activity cause any issues? After disabling the datamining module, what tables can be empties from our database? I am using version 1.4.

I hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I think the only one there that is safe to clear is the ps_pagenotfound table. Every time a 404 error occurs, it is logged in there. You can back up that table just in case to want to refer to the data in the future, then clear it.

Maybe ps_stock_mvt can be cleared if you don't mind losing your log of all employee stock changes, but I'm not entirely sure it's safe.

The others are required for guest tracking, product translations and the search engine to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only one there that is safe to clear is the ps_pagenotfound table. Every time a 404 error occurs, it is logged in there. You can back up that table just in case to want to refer to the data in the future, then clear it.

Maybe ps_stock_mvt can be cleared if you don't mind losing your log of all employee stock changes, but I'm not entirely sure it's safe.

The others are required for guest tracking, product translations and the search engine to work.

Thanks for your information. However, may I know what is this table:ps_guest for? What are the guests? Hope you can help me out. Or anyone else can help? Thanks

The ps_guest table keeps track of every user who visits your website. You can find various information about the user's operating system, web browser, screen resolution and other configuration information. It may be safe to clear the table if you're not interested in that information, but make a back up just in case.