SMTP problem - Expected response code(s) [250] but got response []

Pabocheoreom

Hi guys

Before opening this thread, I did looked up for similar SMTP issues, but looks like none of them faced similar problems as I did. :(

So I am facing this problem where I am unable to send a test mail from my client's prestashop to my own office email. My client uses yahoo.com.sg email so naturally the smtp they provided would be "smtp.mail.yahoo.com", with SSL as its setting with 465 as its port number.

Under Advanced Parameters > Email, whenever I tried to send test mail, a while later, it will show me this error"

"Error: Please check your configuration

Expected response code(s) [250] but got response []"

This problem has been intermittent. Tried other mail providers but it did not work. Any solution to fix this?

My prestashop version is 1.6.0.9.

250 error code is an authentication error. Check if login data are correct. Standard port for SSL is 587 and not 465, but Yahoo can change it on their server to whatelse they want.

BTW, I suggest you don't use freemail accounts for to manage your mails (for trust and security reasons).

I'm sure you have free mail account included with your domainhosting too.

Hi moderator

Thanks for the reply.

My client uses freemail and there is nothing I can do about it because hers is a small company and I don't think she has the extra funds to create her own email.

I will try to change the port number later, because I was told that my client changed her email password again. OMG.

Edited by Pabocheoreom (see edit history)