Demo 1.6.1.4; cannot locate source file for div element id="uniform-selectProductSort"

dudo24

Hey, I have a problem. I want to customize product sort element in category page. For that, I need to add some code to the html of the element. Problem is that I cannot locate it in the source files. It shows in Firefox element inspector. When I open \themes\default-bootstrap\product-sort.tpl the div with id "uniform-selectProductSort" and class "selector" and the consecutive span element are not there. I was also looking into js files if it's generated there but i din't find anything. I would like to add some data to the html element so I can set it as content to it's :after element. So my question is: in what source files can I find code for these elements?

lines from element inspector (the demo is modified a bit):

<form id="productsSortForm" action="http://localhost/sialena_alena/index.php?id_category=14&controller=category" class="productsSortForm">
  <div class="select selector1">
    <div style="width: 122.667px;" id="uniform-selectProductSort" class="selector">
      <span style="width: 118.667px; -moz-user-select: none;">Name </span>
      <select id="selectProductSort" class="selectProductSort form-control">
        <option value="date_add:desc" data-icon=" ">Date </option>
	<option value="date_add:asc" data-icon=" ">Date </option>
	<option value="name:asc" selected="selected" data-icon="">Name </option>
	<option value="name:desc" data-icon="">Name </option>
      </select>
    </div>
    <div class="selector_arrow">
    </div>
  </div>
</form>

lines from file product-sort.tpl:

<form id="productsSortForm{if isset($paginationId)}_{$paginationId}{/if}" action="{$request|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" class="productsSortForm">
  <div class="select selector1">
    <select id="selectProductSort{if isset($paginationId)}_{$paginationId}{/if}" class="selectProductSort form-control">
      <option value="date_add:desc" {if $orderby eq 'date_add' AND $orderway eq 'desc'}selected="selected"{/if} data-icon=" ">Date </option>
      <option value="date_add:asc" {if $orderby eq 'date_add' AND $orderway eq 'asc'}selected="selected"{/if} data-icon=" ">Date </option>
      <option value="name:asc"{if $orderby eq 'name' AND $orderway eq 'asc'} selected="selected"{/if} data-icon="">Name </option>
      <option value="name:desc"{if $orderby eq 'name' AND $orderway eq 'desc'} selected="selected"{/if} data-icon="">Name </option>
    </select>
    <div class="selector_arrow">
    </div>
  </div>
</form>

As you can see the two elements are missing and I don't know where to look for them.

I added the whole file product-sort.tpl to the attachments.

Thanks

product-sort.zip

Thanks, I was totally not looking for a general function like this. But now another problem occurs. I don't know much about JavaScript and jQuery but I guess the function needs to be called from somewhere with some parameters. Could you direct me in which files should I be looking? So far I've looked in all js and tpl files which could somehow relate to this topic, but found no reference to this function.

Perhaps you could change the following in that function:

attrOrProp($div, 'id', options.idPrefix + '-' + id);

to:

if (id === 'selectProductSort') { $div.addClass('your-class'); }

Change 'your-class' to the class you want to add.

• Like 1

Thank you very much! I wouldn't have solved it without you! My goal was to get attribute from selected option and paste as an attribute to the generated span so I can inserted using :after selector. So this is my code:

if (id === 'selectProductSort') {
        $span.attr('data-icon', $('#' + id).find(':selected').data('icon'));
    }