[Solved] I am at a loss.. Orders do not show up, cannot create in back office, etc.

Jen C

I have PS 1.6.1.5, paypalusa/canada 1.3.9, theme is from presta-theme-maker

I want to launch my shop this weekend and am in the process of testing orders. (I still need to add a lot of products, product images, etc, but I'm trying to test orders now) I only use paypal for payments, and the payments are being charged, I receive them, but there is no order created in back office.

I have searched google and these forums and this is what I have tried

• creating an order from the shopping cart
  • creating an order from BO without shopping cart
  • ordering while IN and OUT of maintenance mode
  • changing the file permissions on the modules directory and paypal directory with subdirectories to 755
  • changing the following line to say false, not true, in both places in standard.tpl
  • {assign var="paypal_usa_total_shipping" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_SHIPPING)}
  • changing the line to reflect version 1.6 not 1.5 in validation.php
  • if(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.6', '<'))
  • placing an order without sales tax
  • placing an order with free shipping
  • ordering an existing product as is
  • creating a new product just for testing
  • verified and reset the API info
  • reset paypal to correct timezone

The results are that I still cannot see any orders in BO.
MORE INFO:

• Payments are being processed in paypal, but my bank account only reflects the first purchase
  • IPN details in paypal show an HTTP response 500 and some showed 503.. 2 showed 200
  • the notification URL http://www.c4gifts.com/index.php?pps=1&fc=module&module=paypalusa&controller=validation says "Invalid PayPal order, please contact our Customer service."
  • there are NO server errors in the logs
  • in BO, Advanced Parameters, Logs.. I see this.. "PaymentModule::validateOrder - Order Status cannot be loaded"
  • Items stay in cart, no order history is created. (At first the items disappeared from the cart)
  • anything to do with orders in the database is empty.. ordered failed with test data in them, and without data in them.. they are now empty

Forgot this in my rush to post earlier:
When creating an order from a cart, I get a "Property Order->id_customer is empty" error

Any help would be much appreciated.. the only thing I have not tried that I found as a possible fix in the forums, is using the european paypal module..

Thanks!
Jen

Edited by Jen C (see edit history)

PayPal USA is the issue not the theme see my post here:    https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/419632-paypal-no-order-in-bo-order-history-fix/?p=1981130

This will fix the issue of orders not showing in BO and when redirected from PayPal you will receive the order confirmation page.

PayPal USA seems to have lost it's way and has not had any development in over a year.

• Like 1

Are you saying that the only fix is the European version of PayPal? I've read through that thread multiple times, as well as a bunch of others referencing it.. it still seems like a hit and miss solution.. it works for some and not others.

I'll reread it and give it a try tonight.. I know I read the instructions in one of the posts.. I've tried every other solution, I suppose it can't hurt.

Thank you

I have used it for 2 years without any issues I can not speak for others as I do not know what they did or have done to their shops.

Yes it is the only fix I have found I went round and round with PayPal USA and never got it to work so been using Eurio version ever since.

ok, so I installed this version.. uninstalled the original, set up new, etc.. 

on order, the page took me to the confirmation page.. I clicked confirm and was sent to this page "http://www.c4gifts.com/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php" and got a 500 error.     Will I need to redo the version changes in standard.tpl again?

The www.c4gifts.com page isn’t working

www.c4gifts.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Ok, I'm still testing this... I have major problems now..  :(

After trying to create an order from back office, and failing, I deleted those shopping carts.. 

I had read on a post somewhere that the slightest difference in addresses could be causing the issues, so I changed my account address to match my paypal address exactly (changed the word Drive to Dr).. I went back into the site to place another order to create a new shopping cart and it's now skipping the order.php completely!   

The order takes me straight to the payment page and skips the shopping cart so that I can enter the free shipping code I created to test with. when I, from that page, click on shopping cart I get this error.. 

Not Found

The requested URL /order.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.18 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.5.32 Server at www.c4gifts.com Port 80

I put items in the cart went through the checkout and clicked the PayPal logo was taken to PayPal just as it should be, I did not continue as I did not want to spend actual money.

I see you have the 3 step checkout enabled if you click on the little PayPal Icon on Product pages it will skip all steps and take you to PayPal, I do not use this for this reason.

The Express checkout is the reason you were sent back and then had to click confirm turn this off and try again.

I did not have any issues from my side, also turn cache off and force compile on while testing this usually clears man issues users have while testing.

Not sure I understand this  when I, from that page, click on shopping cart I get this error.. what page

What version of Prestashop is this.

• Like 1

when I put an item in my shopping cart and click "Proceed to checkout"  it takes me to the confirmation page that should pop up AFTER I've been to the paypal page to actually pay.. (screenshot below)    Also on that screenshot, when I click on "Shopping Cart" that is when I get the error you're asking about. 

PS version is 1.6.1.5

Express Checkout.. in paypal?  I don't remember turning that on.. Maybe I have to disable it in the new module.. Is it on by default?

checko10.jpg

My mistake, I'll fix the post.. it's all running together to me right now.. my post says I reset IPN info, it should say API..

I double checked in PayPal IPN history page and it says it's disabled..

I sent you a pm.. just delete it if it's not OK, or against forum rules or something.

Thanks for your help

One other thing I'd like to try is a fresh install of your module because I think I installed it before uninstalling the original.. does the original need uninstalled AND deleted or just uninstalled?