[SOLVED] Help - After Upgrade from godaddy need to import specific database files

Hi Guys,
So i recently upgraded my site from Godaddy to inmotion hosting. I really recommend everyone to run away from godaddy, however that will be a separate post. If you need advise on how to move from one host to another, just pm me.

Okay my problem is that after transferring all my files and database, i tested the site for stability for 24 hours. I went live and realized that 3 orders were placed on the old site and did not show in my live site. Before i could backup the database and load it to the new live site, someone placed an order on the live site.

So my issue is that my new live site does not reflect the last 3 orders that were placed. My question, what all database tables do i need to go and copy from the old database to import into the live database, so that my stats reflects everything.

Thanks

Hi phantomeye,
I have also a shared hosting account with GD for some years now , but so far no real problems.
What is the problem you have, specifically, with gd?
I have now some European domains and the current host is a bit weird and I contemplate moving the shop to my shared gd account.
What bothers you exactly at GD?

Hi Marco,
Godaddy IMHO should change their name to GoF***yourself !! ;)

1) First, their shared hosting is very slow for a site with over 500 products.
2) If you have more than 10 visitors per day, the site becomes even slower
3) When i say slow, it takes 10 -12 seconds to load each page.
4) In a period of 1 year, my site went down completely displaying "internal server error" 5 -6 times that i know off
5) Their first line of phone support is done by people who have no clue what they are doing.
6) I even spoke to a manager and complained and he said "if you are not happy you can leave"
7) Everytime you call their tech support with an issue, they tell you everything is fine from their end, and the issue is from my end
8) I hosted 5 sites with them and all 5 during peak biz hours would be extremely slow, but at night, would be fast.

Finally after 1 year of trying to resolve the issues with them, i moved to inmotionhosting, who have been great. My sites load really fast (2 seconds for first page and then less than a second for other pages). The tech support is wonderful, they even give you suggestions on how to improve your site and walk you through installations.

Im not suggesting everyone should move from godaddy, but if you serious about your ecommerce or any site, RUN FROM GODADDY !!! ;)
Again IMHO and You experience may vary.

ps: Rocky if you think this should not be posted here, please feel free to delete it, or let me know and i will delete it.

Godaddy

ok, got the idea....
well, i'm hosted on an US server, never had such a huge delay in page loading but i did see that when more than 20 people are on the site it gets slooooow. GD says however that the maximum concurent connections for a shared account are up to 50 or so, after that you may experience slower loading time.
10 seconds seems a huge load time, did u try to tracert your GD server ip?
it may tell you the real route time and it can be that ur provider is slow on a particular time of day.
The thing is that i have 2 hosts, GD for intentional site and an EU-based host for European sites. The European one is a bit... to put it elegantly... young, and i got so far 2 cases when the archive of my stats has been reduces to zero literally.
the content of the files that store the logs have been emptied or flush or overwritten with empty files.
very freakin frustrating when you actually need the stats to see what is going on. With GD i never had such an issue, although i use the same application for stats.
i don't know what to make of it but it seems like the dudes had a server down or a crash and they just replaced the files with empty ones from an old backup or so, i don't know what to make of it at all.

When i did the tracert, i found it took 24 hops before it completed. There were 2 points it timed out and also noticed that a substantial delay for their SSL certificate to load.

With regard to your host, you're right they must have erased your log files, probably because of a crash or trying to save disk space on their servers. I have experience with servers and the only way that could have happened is if they erase it or reinstall the OS.

Try Inmotionhosting, you'll be surprised at how fast your site becomes and consistent fast.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so i've had it up to HERE with my site giving me internal server errors and the ZERO help i've had from GD. They just tell me i need to upgrade my software, which granted, yes i do but i still dont know how to do it and in fact, i've always gotten some error messages even before my software needed upgrading and to GD, it was never their fault.

So i figure before i *sob* try a new ecommerce software, i'm going to try a new hosting server. Do you still like inmotion?

Love inmotion, they are professional and their tech support is amazing. Whenever ive had an issue, they have resolved it immediately. !!!

I can actually visualize your calls with Go daddy and the frustration you feel with their ridiculous answers . They are THE worst, a doormat provides better service than them.

Which is your current ecommerce software?

i have prestashop 1.1.0.5 which i realize is outdated. I've had someone try to upgrade it for me but they then couldnt get it to load on their test server and i'm about as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to web development stuff. Hmm... maybe thats why i've stuck with GoDaddy for so long. I'm dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to web development. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, you probably need to upgrade. I was on 1.1

Once you get your new host going, let me know, im sure we can all help you conquer your prestafears !!!
Transferring from one host to another, is as easy as just copying and pasting. Upgrading is as a little more than that.

You cant be dumb, you realized godaddy sucks !!!

haha, i will do that! I have a class to teach (on coloring, if everything was as easy as teaching someone how to color, i'd be golden) tonight so i'll likely get everything set up tomorrow. I plan on uploading the site as it is now on a sort of tester domain. I dont have a clue how to switch my current domain thats hosted with godaddy! But i'll get it figured out i suppose. :) I will definitely keep you updated! And just might have a question or 2. haha!

To change domains, login to your godaddy account, goto domain manager, select the domain you want, click manage, goto manage nameservers, click edit and replace the current information with the new name servers that inmotion hosting gives you. Thats it, your tech support guy from inmotion hosting will walk you through that process.

For transfering read this http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/31119/installing_prestashop/solved__moving_to_a_vps_need_help_in_moving_prestashop

For upgrading read this http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/56738/upgrading_prestashop/easy_upgrade_steps_from_1_dot_1_to_1_dot_2_dot_5

Coloring that sounds like fun, we'll do a trade, you teach me the creative stuff and ill teach you the technical stuff !!