image issues on img folder

ps3z

Images with 2x are generated because of setting in Backoffice > Preferences > Images 

under setting Generate high resolution images there is yes checked. Try to disable and

regenerate if you want to remove them.

They are useful  though  "Enable to optimize the display of your images on high pixel density screens."

P.S. If I may ask do you have Product images by language ? Some module or modification ?

• Like 2

Images with 2x are generated because of setting in Backoffice > Preferences > Images 

under setting Generate high resolution images there is yes checked. Try to disable and

regenerate if you want to remove them.

They are useful  though  "Enable to optimize the display of your images on high pixel density screens."

P.S. If I may ask do you have Product images by language ? Some module or modification ?

i have over 4000 products,prestshop is being timeout when i do regenerate my images. im using a 3rd party module for regenerate the images...

i dont use another languages but its containing images per languages..how do i remove them?

not:languages are disabled already on admin panel, i have to remove it?

Edited by ps3z (see edit history)

If you use some 3rd party module to regenerate, I saw few that use ajax so no issues on server,

they shoul use settings from back office, so if you have Erase images enabled it should delete old

images.

For safety do backup images. Also you can try to rename  img/p folder to lets say img/pold and create 

empty img/p folder and try to regenerate. Not sure if this would work so do have backups.

i dont use another languages but its containing images per languages..how do i remove them?

Well this is not standard feature maybe that or other module you have. But I am really interested how they are added

in firstplace.

Could be that you have to delete  language so those images are not created. So again backup all :-)

And to ask why you are deleting them ?

Even with 4000 products times number of image types and languages you should not  have storage issues, right ?

If you use some 3rd party module to regenerate, I saw few that use ajax so no issues on server,

they shoul use settings from back office, so if you have Erase images enabled it should delete old

images.

For safety do backup images. Also you can try to rename  img/p folder to lets say img/pold and create 

empty img/p folder and try to regenerate. Not sure if this would work so do have backups.

Well this is not standard feature maybe that or other module you have. But I am really interested how they are added

in firstplace.

Could be that you have to delete  language so those images are not created. So again backup all :-)

And to ask why you are deleting them ?

Even with 4000 products times number of image types and languages you should not  have storage issues, right ?

i have 150gb hdd but still have capacity issues...i suppose that duplicated images are make some issues...bcz of that i would to delete all.. but i should do it safety :D

my language list

http://c2n.me/3CvSNyN.png

hi

im doing regenerate the thumbnails without keep high resoultion...i hope it will delete that one... but im not sure how to remove images for other languages. if i delete the languages.i think that will not delete the images...my produce website can down :D i need to be sure before to do something serious