Multistore: Is it appropriate for a franchisee?

MosesR

I have recently purchased the NZ & Australian rights to a Spanish product range (brand).

I will be selling the same branded products as my European counterpart but at a different price point and targeted to NZ & Aus markets.

Multistore functionality has been fine in regards to currency, redirects etc...

However...

I will be running completely different stock/inventory levels, using a completely different PayPal account etc.

My question: will it be easier/cleaner to simply create a whole new Prestashop account for NZ & Australia in this set of cirumstance?

• 2 months later...

I have some questions about the same thing, i also want to setup a Prestashop store working with franchise.

The point is that the mother-company setup the main store and every franchisee should connect from his site to one of the multistores reserved for him, the question you will ask is why not connect to the main store?

the answer is simple and at the same time the answer for my question:

If a franchisee should point at the main site and a custumor buy some things, the order belongs to the franchisee and the invoice system wil be complicated, we talking about  arround 50 stores and my question is the folowing:

1) if setup a multistore with products, and the main store change prices i guess this change all the prices in every separate store.

2) for stock the same, if main store set a stock for a product for 20 units and one of the stores sell a product, is at that point the available stock in all stores now 19?

3) most important, if selling from a store will the order send to the franchisee or to the main store?

4) last but not least, can this be used without the prestashop invoice system? because each franchisee has his own invoice system invoices, there are many different systems.

Please, can somebody give an answer at the 4 points?

Thanks

Edited by winock (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I have some questions about the same thing, i also want to setup a Prestashop store working with franchise.

The point is that the mother-company setup the main store and every franchisee should connect from his site to one of the multistores reserved for him, the question you will ask is why not connect to the main store?

the answer is simple and at the same time the answer for my question:

If a franchisee should point at the main site and a custumor buy some things, the order belongs to the franchisee and the invoice system wil be complicated, we talking about  arround 50 stores and my question is the folowing:

1) if setup a multistore with products, and the main store change prices i guess this change all the prices in every separate store.

2) for stock the same, if main store set a stock for a product for 20 units and one of the stores sell a product, is at that point the available stock in all stores now 19?

3) most important, if selling from a store will the order send to the franchisee or to the main store?

4) last but not least, can this be used without the prestashop invoice system? because each franchisee has his own invoice system invoices, there are many different systems.

Please, can somebody give an answer at the 4 points?

Thanks

Hi Winock. Are the Prestashop franchises working well? I am thinking of moving my franchises to this system. Would you recommend it? Thank you! :)