Large CSV import (~100.000)

emiauto

Hi!

I have CSV with 96k items inside. When I try to import the file, I get an error - "Request timeout". But even after this error it continue to load products. And stopped after about 4500. Of course I can split this file to about 20 parts and import it. But somebody know how to import large CSV at once?

If you've already increased your max_execution_time as much as your host will allow, there's nothing you can do but split it into smaller files.

Thanks, rocky. Now I understand that for such quantity of products a good VPS should be used. Not shared resources hosting! That's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

has anyone use the import to upload more than 6000 products?? Is anyone who use cron job to do that? How much time do the server to upload the csv file??? I would like to import every 5 till 10 minutes 6000 products. Has anyone any advice how can I do that?? I have a module for import but it takes too long to upload the csv.

Thanks

Hi! Sorry, I do not have such experience. In my case I can import about 30000 at once. But it is a long process. About 8 hours... Server resources and configs are very important. Why by Cron? What is a Total quantity? It is a single import? Or you want to import it every day?

Hello thanks for your response,

we have 2 physical stores and 1 eshop we are retail store. We have over than 6000 quantites. I want to import via cron avery day per 10 minutes beacuse we have all the time changes in the stock

Thanks 

csv is a method for manual imports. (IMHO) Try to find the programmer (freelancer for example). You need a php script/parser. It will work faster.

I mean the same. Prestashop's csv import  is not the best way. To resolve the similar problem some time ago with not Prestashop (another engine) my programmer wrote a parser (php) - without any csv. It work directly with DB. And it was very fast.

Sorry for my English

• 5 years later...
On 9/21/2016 at 11:57 AM, emiauto said:

Hi!

I have CSV with 96k items inside. When I try to import the file, I get an error - "Request timeout". But even after this error it continue to load products. And stopped after about 4500. Of course I can split this file to about 20 parts and import it. But somebody know how to import large CSV at once?

Is there any chance of you still having somewhere this big file? I am building an import module and want to stretch-tes it.

On 7/28/2022 at 1:50 PM, Kogkalidis said:

Is there any chance of you still having somewhere this big file? I am building an import module and want to stretch-tes it.

You can duplicate products for infinte times. If you are testing there is no need for bigfiles. You can create a file of n times of copied products

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stifler97 said:

You can duplicate products for infinte times. If you are testing there is no need for bigfiles. You can create a file of n times of copied products

True story. But it's not only to test the size, but the file hierarchy as well. As any XML file is different in the way it presents the data.

Regards ;)