[Solved] Downloadable Products

For downloadable products, how can I disable "Stock"? because downloadable items are not stocked.

Also, Lets say I set a limit of 5 to a downloadable item, and a customer contacts me saying there was a problem and he tried to download the song 5 times, and it failed all 5 times. How can I issue him 5 more downloads? Or, how can I extend the date at which the downloads expire?

Yes, that is intentional. That makes it possible to buy multiple licenses for a single downloadable product. I think if you set the quantity of the downloadable product to 1, the customer won't be able purchase more than one at a time.

I see - so, setting Quantity to "1" limits the person to buying it once, and only once (at a time). However, since stock management is disabled - when a person purchases the item, it's not subtracted from the stock, therefore always remains "1". Right?

Now, onto the second question - I've set a maximum download to 5 times. If something goes quirky and I need to adjust the amount of downloads a customer has, how can I do that? Or am I overcomplicating things?

Yes, that's how it should work.

It is not possible to change the number of downloads or expiry date of a customer's download from the Back Office. You'd need to manually modify the ps_product_download table to change them.