Cannot see Attributes in front-office.

Hästkällaren

Now we've got a really big problem.

I was poking around in advanced warehouse, created a stock and tested to put a product in there. When we where going to put up new products we noticed the problem. We wished to continue as usual and add the stock levels manually in the product on the product page an then it turned out that the different sizes of the product are not displayed on the front-office, everything is as it should on our back-office but customers can not choose what size to buy. It has always worked before.

Now I have turned off the advanced warehouse and removed warehouse I created, the problem is unfortunately still there. I have tried to disable the theme but it was still the same problem.

So the problem is so, that ever since I enabled the Advanced Warehouse the attributes is not displayed of a new product in the front office even though they are in the back office, old products still show attributes but as soon as I would edit another size or a colour for example it goes invisible in the front-office.

Would be very happy for answers as soon as possible as this is a costly tragedy.

Not sure whether that is the solution here. But one of the things that can cause trouble with attributes is the cache_default_attribute field that despite its its name sometimes is more than just a cache.

See for example 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21694442/prestashop-product-showing-wrong-price-in-category-page-but-right-in-the-produc

In this case it might be that those fields are zero while one is expected for the products with attributes.

Make a backup before trying this solution.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Not sure whether that is the solution here. But one of the things that can cause trouble with attributes is the cache_default_attribute field that despite its its name sometimes is more than just a cache.

See for example 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21694442/prestashop-product-showing-wrong-price-in-category-page-but-right-in-the-produc

In this case it might be that those fields are zero while one is expected for the products with attributes.

Make a backup before trying this solution.

Thanks for response, I am a little slow... Where do I do these sulotions, I have been searching but I can not find where to edit these codes.

Also, might add that I have tried to do a test order of a product that is "bugged" and let's say in this case I order a shirt and it shows no attributes for it but in the back-office i have 3xXS, 5xS and 2xM sizes. When I make an order I automaticly order an XS shirt becouse it is the default size to be shown. So it is not like they don't exist, it is just that they do not show in the front-office.

For this you need to have direct access to the database with a tool like phpmyadmin.

What I suggest is that you check out (and if necessary change) the "cache_default_attribute field" of one product in the ps_product and ps_product_shop tables of the database  and see whether that solves the problem. (Don't forget to clean the cache...)

For this you need to have direct access to the database with a tool like phpmyadmin.

What I suggest is that you check out (and if necessary change) the "cache_default_attribute field" of one product in the ps_product and ps_product_shop tables of the database  and see whether that solves the problem. (Don't forget to clean the cache...)

It did not work.

I changed "cache_default_attribute" on one product (A "bugged" one), both in ps_product and in ps_product_shop and i cleaned cache... Still didn't work. With phpmyadmin I took my time to compare old wares with the new "bugged" ones and there is no difference anyware accept for the ID's but that is correct.

Edit: I have been looking around with phpmyadmin and found something I think is fishy. In ps_product_attribute have noticed that I got a "product_ID 0" with a reference number. Searching that referencenumber in back-office products gives no hits and also it's id_product_attribute number is just after the id_product_attribute number of the product I tried the Advanced warehouse with. I am afraid to deleate it or modify it but could this be a reason to my problem or is this as it should be?

Edited by Hästkällaren (see edit history)

Finding out which product "owns" the entry with id_product=0 seems to me an impossible mission. The best you can do is check what attributes they carry. But there may be more than one product to which that combination of attributes could belong.

I would rather look whether you can check the data for an existing id_product. Ideally you could compare the data of a product that works with those of a product that doesn't.

One interesting possibility is also the table ps_product_attribute_shop. Quite recently (1.6.1.0 if I remember well) Prestashop has added an id_product field to this table. Before that you had to use the id_product_attribute to look it up in the ps_product_attribute table. It might be that something has gone wrong in that area.

Just wanted to say that the problem is solved.

The problem was from a module "Manage your attributes values quickly" that I had turned off. After I activated Advanced warehouse it made an overrun on the attributes even though it where turned off, so I uninstalled the module and now it works again.