Customers' VAT number / Fiscal Code NOT not visible on the invoice neither on backoffice

Hi everyone, 

I've developed a shop selling maps in Italy, (www.cartemurali.it) and distributing worldwide. As we sell in Italy, we are obliged to make customers register also VAT number / FISCAL CODE (if Italians). 

For this reason I settled the mandatory fields in Localization > Nations > Italia settings (see screenshot http://prntscr.com/cjpxhd

All is displayed correctly in the FO: as the new customers (registered and guests users) go to checkout, on first registration they are correctly asked for VAT (if Companies) or Fiscal Code (if private buyers) based on the nation where they live. 

the problem is that these data are NOT displayed neither in the mail sent to the person in charge of Logistics management, nor in the pdf invoice / shipping document automatically generated, but in Italy we need to have these data on our invoicing. 

I imagine this is a bug of the core prestashop platform, can you suggest a solution? 

Edited by kateclouds (see edit history)

Of course I activated the European VAT number module... 

The only issue is that I can't see fiscal code and Vat Number in the automatic message sent to our Logistic manager, both and in the Invoice / shipping documents in PDF format...I can recover these data only looking at Address sheet. This should also be sufficient, but my colleague would prefer to receive these infos also by email at the moment the order is generated. 

I'll try to add variables as suggested in the post linked above, but, what can I do to display them also in the mail template? 

Thank you for your kind help 

You activated on back-office the "European VAT number" module ? On back-office you will see the VAT of customer on his account (address).

This is normal behavior of Prestashop. If you need the VAT displayed on the invoice, you should follow one of the topics I've linked before. It's not a bug, but not integrated feature in Prestashop to show the customer VAT on invoices or other documents. The only where you can see the VAT of customer is on address contact of the customer on your back.office (tab customer -> address).