Color Picker

On the colour picker settings, it says "Choose whether or not to display color picker, and which colors to display:" -I can only select whether or not to display the colour picker. I don't seem to have any option to change the colours... Is this just me? -I have PS v1.

thanks

In catalog -> Attributes and groups click on the group name color and it drops down to list all the colors you added for that group. Click to edit each color and put the #000000 type value for the color. Add these attributes and groups before putting the product in.

Once you attached these colors to the product or other color groups you will have a choice of whatever attributes you have attached to the product. I use the product attributes generator in the Attribute section of each product.

thanks Mel62 -I see now. It wasn't obvious that the word "color" was selectable as I always thought the edit icon for each row was the only thing that could allow editing. I think other functions in PS might also be hidden like that... The UI probably needs to be adapted slightly to make it more obvious -even the words like color underlined like a regular link. Works great now though! -the color picker is an excellent feature -looks very pro.

Hi Matthieu

I don't think the dropdown is unclear (about whether to display the color picker or not). What's unclear is that it says "Choose whether or not to display color picker" and then it refers to choosing colors too -but at that point its not possible to even update the colors. Next to that drop down should be a link to the page of my second image that shows the list of colors. Currently (as shown in my first photo) it's necessary to click the word "color" but since this is not highlighted, underlined or emphasised that it's a control, I didn't realise I could click this until it was pointed out to me by someone else. I always thought the edit icon was the only thing that could be used to make edits... PM me if you'd like me to assist you improve the functionality of this feature and I'm happy to offer my suggestions.

Thanks
Andrew

• 2 months later...

In version 1.0--

1. Go to Back Office >> Catalog >> Attributes & Groups. Click, "Add Attributes Group" and enter the Name and the Public Name. At the bottom make sure to select the button next to the green checkmark, "Color group," under which reads, (Consider this attributes group as main color). Doing this activates the functions for the color picker. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP! Click Save.

2. Once you have saved this, you will be taken back to the Attributes and Groups main page and click, "Add attribute". In the new attribute display you will now see the fields in which to put the color hexadecimal or upload the image. Without checking the button above, these fields will not display here.

3. Now, when you go back to the catalog to input the product information and when you reach the Attributes tab, you will find that the drop-down at the bottom of the page, "Choose whether or not to display color picker, and which colors to display:" will display the attributes group that you created in the steps above. The name of your color group will not be there unless you clicked the button above. This dropdown can be used to remove the color picker from the storefront or to put it back up. That is all it does-this is not the place to activate the color picker.

In version 1.1.3--
This version doesn't show different color groups. I've added a color group in the attribute groups making sure to click the "This is a color group" button. But, in the product page under attributes tab, the dropdown shows only the default Color choice or Do Not Display choice. Why does this version not detect my new color group?