Website becoming very very slow

bamoore91

Looking for an expert here..

We have a total of 124 products on the site with lots and lots of attributes and combinations. The more we add the slower it gets. I worked with my hosting company for 5 hours last night, increasing PHP memory limit size, memory post size, etc. They hosting guys have increased the memory beyond what i'm supposed to be getting. 

Does anyone have any advice on settings to change within prestashop to have the site, both front and back end operate faster?

the site URL is https://www.treasuredembroidery.com

and help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

-Brandon

When it is about Attributes and combination, SQL queries have thousands of possibilities to create bunch of combinations according to your choice, and PrestaShop create JSON data and load all combination on product page so it can show selected combination instantly when user set new combination attributes. When i test your site with Google speed, believe me it can make jealous your competitors.

f617db8e93dc47feab16ff940f7cb2e9.png

but when i check your product page04e878b0f3f94d4084a9ba2146066136.png

you have damn too much, really too much combination 10x than you can see in this screenshot. But still google speed is fine so you don't need to worry about speed. It is also not slow while surfing from here.

I've been working with my hosting company and have the speeds up to par. Its much faster than before. it looks like you tested it at a good time. The issue we are having now is on the backend and actually generating the combinations. It seems to generate server 500 errors and sometimes timeouts. Any Ideas?

I was testing your website and I see that biggest problem is TTFB. I would advise you to use some CDN like Cloudflare (free account worked fine to me).

But if you want to do something from Prestashop, best thing will be to buy Page Cache v3 Module. (of course i assumed that you already enabled default Prestashop caching).

• 2 weeks later...