Unable to access Admin page after success installation (localhost OSX El Capitan)

hadobac

I am so looking forward to PrestaShop 1.7, and so I attempted to install it on my localhost (OS X, with PHP 5.6.23).

The install process went through successfully without any errors. However, when I attempted to access the Admin Back-Office, this message appears, as below:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare composerRequired() (previously declared in /Users/hadobac/Sites/prestashop17b/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php:63) in /Users/hadobac/Sites/PrestaShop17b/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 70

I have attempted to change version between PHP 5.5 and 5.6, yet the messages repeated :( I suspect a module / package or some configuration of PHP are not in place, and thus PrestaShop 1.7 refuses to run.

Refer to the image attached for more details.

post-1281976-0-49013600-1473597570_thumb.png

Much thanks guys for your help!

Note: my PS 1.6 instance works flawlessly.

Edited by hadobac (see edit history)

try re install it, because i also tested 7 on local host and no any problem appeared

Thanks ramines, I have installed 1.7 RC0 on my localhost 5 times, switched between PHP 5.5 and 5.6, changed various config, still encountered errors.

However, when I installed it on my friend's Portable XAMPP, PS runs flawlessly!

Hence, I think the issues relates to the Apache / PHP setting on my OSX.

Any suggests, guys?

I have worked it out guys, I increased xdebug.max_nesting_level = 100 to 250!

Here's how I did it:

1. I checked xdebug.max_nesting_level value. I created a phpinfo.php, using the guide here.

2. I located the xdebug.ini used by PHP and Apache, using:

locate xdebug.ini

3. From the list of xdebug.ini, I chose the file using by my Apache setting. I then open that xdebug.ini, using nano

sudo sublime /usr/local/php5/php.d/50-extension-xdebug.ini

4. On the end of the php.ini file that opened, I added this line:

xdebug.max_nesting_level = 250

5. Once the file has been saved, I restarted Apache:

sudo apachectl restart

And it works for me! Post here if others encounter this bug in the future!

Edited by hadobac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I used to work with XAMPP in windows and never had any problem.

I love my Mac, but since I started working with XAMPP in Mac, everything is a pain in the a*s...

Always have problems.

Now I have installed a PrestaShop store on localhost and after a Succes Clean Installation, my store is working, but when I try to access admin page I get an "HTTP ERROR 500" I cannot access admin page...

And I think is related to Xampp running on OSX.

Do you have some possible answer for this?

Thanks for your time!

Regards

12 hours ago, Bill Dalton said:

It may be the htaccess file that is in the Admin directory. I know it dosen't work well for Windows. Try renaming the htaccess file located in your admin directory.

It still does not work.

How should I rewrite the file correctly?

I am using High-Sierra Mac environment, not Windows.

Thanks for your help @Bill Dalton

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys! Have you encountered any trouble using admin in production site on MAC, especially with Safari browser? Both newest 1.7 and 1.6 seem to have problems here. One of my client couldn't even enable a product on 1.7 while using MAC and bought windows laptop instead. Now I'm having another client complaining not be able to change products' positions in categories, while on windows everything works perfectly fine. Why is MAC so bad with presta apps?

Edited by Sharak (see edit history)