Add Pages Module?

I'm working on getting Wordpress to play nicely in Prestashop - just some template/display issues left to sort out and it will be good to go. I'm currently only displaying "posts" and "comments" on the PrestaShop homepage, and article listing in a side box; but my intention is to use it to create and edit the information pages (you could then disable the standard information pages sidebox, and use the wordpress pages instead). This way you'll be able to add as many as you like, and benefit from wordpress's built in editor, image uploading etc. etc. The functionality is similar to the current "Latest News" box, although for information pages it wouldn't be embedded along with the other homepage modules, as it is currently.

Current work in progress version lives at Wordpress PrestaShop Module Test

If the site doesn't display, then call back later, I'm probably testing out new bits of code on there ;)

Paul

Hi Paul !

nice info.

I am looking personnaly to "import" some pages.

Let's say, I have a blog (built with rapidweaver, another awsome app)

I would like to display some pages in the prestahop front office.

I tried to import these pages using iframe, but could not render it (the small edition tool in PS did not permit to include iframe code)

could you please give me more details (how did you achieve to handle external pages, I mean dynamicaly ?)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Fabrice,

I've written a module that includes the whole Wordpress core into PrestaShop, and adds hooks to a sidebox (for the Latest News entries, and later will also be used for the Information Pages) and to the homepage, to display the dynamic content that way using non-template wordpress code (WP_USE_THEMES disabled). I'm not familiar with rapidweaver, so not sure if it has similar functionality? There's also a WordPress plugin to sort some of the issues from the WordPress side.... nothing is ever simple is it!

The only "hack" I can't get around is adding the call to initialise WordPress. This has to be added to settings.inc, which is assumed to be changed; and shouldn't break an upgrade.

To your problem....

If you can create an RSS feed of the articles you want on your PrestaShop site, then that could be included in a sidebox easily as dynamic links, but they would likely still take you to the external blog site.

If it were me, I'd look at writing a script on the rapidweaver blog site that allows a remote server to get the content using cURL. Then you could write a PrestaShop module that goes and grabs the data, and displays it..... not trivial though, but an interesting challenge!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Paul.

Thanks fo rthe craftysyntax stuff. I have downloaded and installed and presently customising it.

Initially I did face some problems in unzipping. The zip file would not unzip in the web server for some strange reasons, so i tried unzipping the tar file. It worked.

Cheers.

Hn Design

Would it be possible to have a list of html links in your add stuff modules which when clicked produce pop up boxes with information??? I really want to add some static pages so i thought this might be a good way to do it for now till the cms is integrated?

Jess,

You could probably do something with javascript. It depends how much text you want to "pop up". If it's notes (say a paragraph) then a nice js hoverbox effect like I've used on osCommerce here: www.greatgiftsgalore.co.uk : might do it? If you want full "pages" then that's a bit more tricky.

Paul

Currently on my local install i just made empty categories, Provided all the information i would put on my actual site to see if it would work it doesnt look pretty but it supplies the information i want if anyone does this and wants to remove the bottom (no product in this category all i did was make it all white so not visible in the CSS) I dont know much about js hoverbox do you have a link Paul??? cheers for replying so quickly :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...