Website Search Key Words

You can set the meta keywords of each page on the Preferences > SEO & URLs tab. You can also edit categories enter meta keywords. On the SEO tab of the product editor, you can enter meta keywords there too, unless you're using a version where they were removed for simplicity, but it's easy to edit the code in admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products/seo.tpl to bring them back:

{* Removed for simplicity *}
<div class="form-group">
<div class="col-lg-1"><span class="pull-right">{include file="controllers/products/multishop/checkbox.tpl" field="meta_keywords" type="default" multilang="true"}</span></div>
<label class="control-label col-lg-2" for="meta_keywords_{$id_lang}">
<span class="label-tooltip" data-toggle="tooltip"
title="{l s='Keywords for search engines, separated by commas.'}">
{l s='Meta keywords'}
</span>
</label>
<div class="col-lg-8">
{include file="controllers/products/input_text_lang.tpl" languages=$languages
input_value=$product->meta_keywords
input_name='meta_keywords'}
</div>
</div>

• 1 month later...

I went to the SEO URLS section and keyed in a number of Keywords under the Index page (only)

Value is called Meta Keywords

I saved each one (I could not understand how to apply 50 at one time so I keyed them one by one)

You suggested that this be done to some or all of the pages (this would be a H U GE amount of work to key in 60 values on each page

(doesn't make sense that you should spend several hours keying Keywords)

Once they are keyed, I cannot see what was keyed - is this the way it is - You key it all in and see nothing ?

This also does not make sense to me - How do I know what I keyed ?

Once keyed in, is there a need to "push" it all to search engines like Google ?

How would this be done please ?

Thanks for your help

George

It sounds like you're doing something wrong. You should definitely be able to see the keywords as you type them. Click the "Add tag" text field, type a tag and then press the comma key. If that's not working for you, try pressing the Enter key after each tag instead.

post-13933-0-05730200-1475809370_thumb.png

I think if you're entering 50 keywords, you're entering too many. You should try to reduce it to the most relevant ones. Also, note that Google no longer takes meta keywords into consideration, though other search engines may still.