Can't access my site, please help!

Hi all,

I have never built a site before. I managed to set up a nice store on prestashop and proceeded to take down the "coming soon" notice i had put up (all done using cpanel and softaculous). My site was live at:

caliopecollection.com/presta

I thought I'd simply have to move all the files from the presta folder into the public_html folder to make my site live at:

caliopecollections.com

but doing that has caused me to lose both front end and backend access to my site:

on the front end caliopecollections.com    =>    now a blank white screen and

caliopecollections.com/presta      =>    shows index of/presta

attempting to access backend administration gives an error  "can't establish a connection to the server at localhost".

I did my best to put all the files back where they used to be, but to no avail. it seems i have lost the links to access my site. Any and all help is appreciated in resolving this, because I spent two months building the site and I can't fathom having to redo all that work.  i've scoured the forums and i feel quite foolish for being the only one to have done this.

Note: Currently, in my public_html folder, i've moved every file and folder into the presta subfolder except for cgi-bin

Thanks again.

you are in trouble  :) . Dont worrry. do the following.

Still chances are there.

First thing hosting company to take back up of your website and database also. Make a zip file and download to your pc/laptop.

ask few questions. 

- before you move presta folder in this public_html folder, which files were here,, there was any project or just index.html was there? 

- Where is prestashop files are located as of now ?

- Search folders in public_html of prestashop directory if there is any ?

caliopecollections.com 

post-401934-0-39846800-1472267776_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi all who replied!

Yes, I was really freaking out, but I managed to sort it out.

After a little more scouring on the internet I realised that my admin url changed when i moved the files out of the presta folder and directly into public_html. I had to remove the presta from the url in order to access the admin.

In addition, I had not copied all the files from presta to public_html - there were hidden files that were in the former folder. Once I put all the files in order, the issue was sorted.

Thanks again.

hurray.

its working now.

by d way nice catalog you have in your store.

Thank you, it's my first try at running a business so I am quite anxious but motivated.  Glad there are tools oout there like Presta giving everyone a chance to work for themselves.

Indeed when I spoke to my hosting company they suggested I start all over.  I am so glad I did not give up.

Thank you for your response :)

you are in trouble  :) . Dont worrry. do the following.

Still chances are there.

First thing hosting company to take back up of your website and database also. Make a zip file and download to your pc/laptop.

ask few questions. 

- before you move presta folder in this public_html folder, which files were here,, there was any project or just index.html was there? 

- Where is prestashop files are located as of now ?

- Search folders in public_html of prestashop directory if there is any ?

caliopecollections.com 

attachicon.gifpresta-directory-strcture.png