Best way to have products consisting of singles and packs?

Hi,

I'm setting up a new PrestaShop and would like to have products as follows:

Product A

- 1 Unit

- 1 Box (consists of 10 Units)

Product B

- 1 Unit

Product C

- 1 Box (consists of 5 Units of Product A and 5 Units of Product B)

What would be the smartest way to set up something like this?

For Products A and B:

- Do I have to create Variants of 1 Unit and 1 Box and add their amounts separately? Is there no way to combine the two so that their amounts are automatically adjusted, i.e. if I have 20 Units somebody can order either 20 Units or 2 Boxes, if I have 19 Units somebody can order either 19 Units or 1 Box or 1 Box and 9 Units?

For Product C:

- Would this be a pack of Products A and B, ?

Product A

- 1 Unit

It should work if you create standard products and pack products. You can configure packs on the Preferences > Products tab to "Decrement products in pack only". That way, if a customer purchases a pack, it will affect the quantity of standard products available too.

Just create "Product A" as a standard product and "Product A Box" as a pack product. Do the same for "Product B". For "Product C", you can include 5 of "Product A" and 5 of "Product B" in the pack.

It should work if you create standard products and pack products. You can configure packs on the Preferences > Products tab to "Decrement products in pack only". That way, if a customer purchases a pack, it will affect the quantity of standard products available too.

Just create "Product A" as a standard product and "Product A Box" as a pack product. Do the same for "Product B". For "Product C", you can include 5 of "Product A" and 5 of "Product B" in the pack.

I started working on this and then realised that having a "Product A" and a "Product A Box" would mean that a customer would have to choose either "Product A" or "Product A Box" in the frontend, i.e. that they'd be separate product pages. Is there any way to have a bundle as a combination? The result would be we have Product A and then as a combination thereof both "Product A" and "Product A Box".

Edited by PS_P (see edit history)

I'm not sure if this will help, but you could add the "Product A Pack" as an accessory of "Product A", then set the visibility of "Product A Pack" to "None" so that it isn't listed in the catalog or available in search results. You'll still have two products, but only one product page. You could rename "Accessories" to "Pack options" or something like that.

• 2 years later...