Using attributes or features on a product

slarsen

Hi,

I have a general problem when I am creating a new product as a seller.

If I e.g. want to sell a wine. I of course add my new product and set it to a category like 'Wines -> Red Win". 

But how do I add wine specific attributes like grape, country etc??. I can of course set country as a category as well, but grapes is a attribute that belong to a specific category like wines. How do I do that?

If I use features or attributes and set grape there, the attribute/feature would also be available for other categories.. For example if I am creating a new product for Clothes - which makes no sense.

So how do I create a specific attribute/feature that belongs to a specific category?

-I hope this makes sense :-)

/Steffen 

As far as I know, there should be no need to create category-specific attributes and features, since the "Layered Navigation" module should hide the attributes and features that are not relevant to the selected category. For example, if you have the category "Wines" and subcategory "Red Wines", you can set the country as a feature and only the countries relevant to the "Red Wines" category will be displayed when it is ticked.