Modifying Prestashop's downloadable product capability

Moto7451

Hi,

I'm having some trouble narrowing down the location of the code for inserting a downloadable product. What I want to do is add a box that I can use to point to a file on a different server or even within my server.

The biggest issue I'm having is I'm trying to sell video content and the file sizes are very large, especially once I start hosting HD content. I have read about modifying the php.ini file but I don't have access to that. Also it seems that putting php commands in the .htaccess file have no effect. I can use the renaming trick on smaller files (under 50MB) but even a highly compressed VBR h.264 file thats an hour long takes up about 250MB of space.

Ergo, instead of trying various hacks I'd rather just upload directly using FTP and link to it using the add product functionality thats already built into the cart.

If someone could point me in the direction of the source code I need to edit, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Max

No link to other servers, that would require changes to the core prestashop files, and unless you also place some sort of download monitor/protection on the remote files, anyone would be able to download them.

The module lets you upload files by ftp to your server, and assign the to products quickly.

Ok, my host doesn't want to deal with the bandwidth but there are some logistical reasons to keep the sites together (SSL related) on the same server.

Could someone point me in the direction of the files I need to modify in Prestashop to download the files from another server? I've looked into the security issues and have come up with various secondary login systems care of hotscripts so things should be fine on that end. All I really need to do is specify a link to the file itself.

Thanks,
Max

• 1 year later...