Small Tutorial how to remove Quantity box from product page

I bought an official theme and could not figure out how to remove the Quantity box on my product page. I was scared that other tutorials would not work with my theme!  I found out that the code described in the post below are thesame as in my Product.tpl document. So probably this ''quantity box'' script is universal for many themes.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/340905-solved-remove-quantity-option-on-product-page/

Please read carefully the link posts above. In short: you have to replace in 1 document file called product.tpl text lines at 2 locations. Veka described carefully in the forum link above which two sections in the script have to be changed.

However I found one important third step which was not mentioned that clear! Otherwise (at least for me) the plus minus button plus quantity box will still be there after the scripts have been changed.

Important third step:

-  Go to prefferences > products: in the product page settings & switch off:  ''Show quantity at product page''

this setting is quitte basic and familair, but if you don't think of this option is combination with the previous steps you might not understand why the script changes are not working on their own!

things changes since i wrote steps to remove quantity, guide was for ps 1.5 from what i see :-)

Ok! :) Still I am happy I am back on track. At least, I whave to wait until next week before I can install the payment options. Hopefully these will be without problems. (Ideal & Paypal) 

• 3 years later...