Question - remove address requirement from registration

Hi,
I've installed prestashop for the purpose of selling digital products only. So, I don't want to require customers to include their addresses in the registration process.

How can I remove that?

On a related note, I want to simplify the registration process further by removing the following 2 checkboxes:
- Receive special offers from our partners

Thanks.

Dave

Removing the address requirement is actually quite difficult to do. The easiest way I can think of is to modify authentication.tpl in your theme's directory and put a dummy address by default, then use CSS to hide the address form. You'll need to remove the link to the addresses in the "My account" page and edit the /* 4 steps to the order */ section of order.php and change the first displayAddress(); to displayCarrier();.

I'm selling only digital goods too on my site. Perhaps I should remove the address step too. At the moment, I just removed the delivery address, so that there is only a billing address. I remove the "Sign up for our newsletter" and "Receive special offers from our partners" by {* commenting out *} the following in authentication.tpl:

<input type="checkbox" name="newsletter" id="newsletter" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.newsletter) AND $smarty.post.newsletter == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
{l s='Sign up for our newsletter'}

<input type="checkbox"name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) AND $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
{l s='Receive special offers from our partners'}

• 4 weeks later...
Removing the address requirement is actually quite difficult to do. The easiest way I can think of is to modify authentication.tpl in your theme's directory and put a dummy address by default, then use CSS to hide the address form. You'll need to remove the link to the addresses in the "My account" page and edit the /* 4 steps to the order */ section of order.php and change the first displayAddress(); to displayCarrier();.

I'm selling only digital goods too on my site. Perhaps I should remove the address step too. At the moment, I just removed the delivery address, so that there is only a billing address. I remove the "Sign up for our newsletter" and "Receive special offers from our partners" by {* commenting out *} the following in authentication.tpl:

<input type="checkbox" name="newsletter" id="newsletter" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.newsletter) AND $smarty.post.newsletter == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
{l s='Sign up for our newsletter'}

<input type="checkbox"name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) AND $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
{l s='Receive special offers from our partners'}

Hi

I did exactly as you wrote but i got some error that it should be fill up ?

so only hiding not enough i think we need to change some thing in database as well can you help please

tnx

• 4 years later...

I found this topic very very interested. I followed your steps and everything worked great. except for the postcode. I cannot make it hidden. Any idea???

Thanks a lot.

George

In that case, try changing:

<p class="checkbox">

to:

<p class="checkbox" style="display:none">