Question for users of Amazon module

juanjico

Hi!

I'm evaluating to purchase the Amazon module for Prestashop. I asked several questions to developer, but I have one question for which the developer don't have a real working solution.

If you use that module, how do you handle the case on which one of your products have multiple ASIN (repeated listings) on Amazon? The developer don't have a clear solution for this. Just told me to create several combinations, or repeated products on PS on hidden categories not available to website customers.

Im using the eBay module too, so this would be a pain to handle.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Yes, Amazon for Prestas Store Manager for ex. which integrates on the Store Manager fully, or others like Amazon payment, Amazon export, or Amazon through magnalister (known from ebay).

By the way ASIN should be unique, you cannot use it for several products at once. It is like EAN, it is also unique. To use "ghost" categories is a solution the developer learned from me. I was working with this structure since years, to have a better maintenance. All what is imported is first imported on a non shop active (administrative) category, from there I set my products were they should be sold (shop, amazon, ebay, etc).

BUT in how this solves your problem, I cannot say, cause this is not related to the problem double ASIN, which by the way you cannot manage in double.

BTW I was using the same Amazon module for years, now because Presta Store Manager is my central "back-office" for several shops and several applications (Amazon, ebay, etc) I'm using the Amazon add-on of the Store Manager.

What Amazon says: The Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) is a 10-character alphanumeric unique identifier assigned by Amazon.com and its partners for product identification within the Amazon organization.

Each same product sold by Amazon has the ASIN. If you are selling combinations, so each combination is an own product, with an own ASIN and own EAN, UPC or whatelse.

From what I remember the Amazon module you want to use, exports combinations as own product, but for this you should also add EAN/UPC to the combinations. Otherwise Amazon cannot map your product to their ASIN.

Yes, ASIN is unique, but one product can be listed several times with different and unique ASIN. A lot of sellers can list the same product with different ASIN. You can 'attach' to a listing and add your offer.

This is why I'm asking the question.

Sorry, but I cannot follow your question. One ASIN =ONE same product. The ASIN is only different, if the product is different (combination). Which added value do you have to sell one product more than one time on Amazon ? No one, so by adding products in double you are not on the right way, besides you are blowing up your database unnecessary.