What is the maximum number of attributes allowed?

Hi

I'm working on a Prestashop for a relation who has a catering business.

I need to set attributes for Delivery Time, Day and Month.

The trouble is that when all the attributes are loaded into the generator they crash the program.

They consisted of the following:

Delivery Time ranging from 07:00am every half hour until 2:30pm.

Delivery Day ranging from the 1st to the 31st.

Delivery Month from January to December.

In total I think the system was generating 5952 combinations!!!

Is this a database issue or is it the program?

I have looked at getting someone to change the program for me but I am trying to keep the cost down plus any hacks that are done make it harder to upgrade.

Anyone got any ideas how I can stop it crashing?

Got all the attributes loaded and they work fine on the front public facing pages but I now cannot access the product in the back office to make changes to it.

I now get a Fast CGI error?

FastCGI Error
The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Details:

The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout
Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
Error Description: The wait operation timed out.
HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

:down:

This is an interesting one. To be honest I think it's due to the way you're using attributes - that's a mighty big (and even if it worked), slow way of doing this!

I think it would be better to add the attribute differently i.e. to only store the final selected date and time, rather than have all these different combinations. But how to do it? :lol:

I'm sure I've read on here a propsal (which has been implemented in v1.1) to allow input of a value for an attribute. If that's the case then you would be able to use a nice javascript popup calander to select the date, then fill in the value for a single attribute i.e. Delivery Date and presto (or presta in fact) your problem's solved.

I'll have a further think, as I'm sure this is something that will crop up again for other businesses.

Paul