Default currency on first visit (different from base currency)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to set the default currency for all new first visitors that is different from my shop's base currency?

My shop needs to use Japanese yen as the base currency since Stripe Japan can only accept Japanese yen, but since my store caters to western countries I'd like the default currency to be set to USD for all new visitors.

Is there any way to achieve this WITHOUT redirects?

Best regards,

John P. Koskimaa

That is EXACTLY what I wanted. So cool! Thanks man, I installed the free module and it seems to work beautifully. I wish I knew this existed before i paid 40 EUR on another module that does a bunch of redirects and adds 2+ sec load time.

I'm gonna consider buying the paid module if everything works out with the free one. Thanks again!

That is EXACTLY what I wanted. So cool! Thanks man, I installed the free module and it seems to work beautifully. I wish I knew this existed before i paid 40 EUR on another module that does a bunch of redirects and adds 2+ sec load time.

I'm gonna consider buying the paid module if everything works out with the free one. Thanks again!

Wow...redirects is an awful thing to do....google punishes us 'severely' for redirects.  I am happy the free module worked out for you.  Also after you registered and obtained free module all the order generated emails to your email address were returned as undelivered.  You may want to analyze your mail server for any issues.  Happy day, el