Show another Attribute type in shop categories.

Runge1980

Hi guys.

I'm having a returning issue in my shop I just can't figure out... And it's driving me crazy :-(

If you have products that uses the color attribute there is no problem.

The problem is as following:

I have products that come in different lengths and models and need a indication of that for the customers.

if you see this page it makes sense: http://techstore.dk/31-hdmi-kabler

Here there are some cables in the HDMI category but you can't see that they are available in different lengths.

Only when you click on the product you will see the drop-down menu.

This is not very user friendly for the customers as they are not made aware of it comes in other lengths.

Is there not a feature that supports this in PS?

it could be a text in front of the price saying: From /Starts From etc. if the product comes in different lengths.

And: More models if it's a item depending on a specific model.

Standard PS is doing the indication spot on when the attributes are color.

http://techstore.dk/80-iphone-66s-covers

Can't be true that i'm the only one with this issue.??

/Lasse

You could add code like the following to product-list.tpl:

{if $product.id_product_attribute > 0}{l s='More options available'}{/if}

Ok mate will try that.

Could it be possible to do it a bit more specific if you have 2 more attributes beside the color on.

I would need the following:

when a item is in more lengths (see more lengths)

and when a item is model specific (See models)

just an example. as it will be in danish :-)

/Lasse

You can add something like the following below the {hook h="displayProductPriceBlock" product=$product type="weight"} line in product-list.tpl:

{foreach from=Product::getAttributesParams($product.id_product, $product.id_product_attribute) item='attribute'}
                        {if $attribute.id_attribute_group == 1}
                            {l s='More lengths available'}
                            {break}
                        {elseif $attribute.id_attribute_group == 2}
                            {l s='More models available'}
                            {break}
                        {/if} 
                    {/foreach}

Change 1 to the ID of the Length attribute group and 2 to the ID of the Models attribute group. You can add more if statements as required.

You can add something like the following below the {hook h="displayProductPriceBlock" product=$product type="weight"} line in product-list.tpl:

{foreach from=Product::getAttributesParams($product.id_product, $product.id_product_attribute) item='attribute'}
                        {if $attribute.id_attribute_group == 1}
                            {l s='More lengths available'}
                            {break}
                        {elseif $attribute.id_attribute_group == 2'}
                            {l s='More models available'}
                            {break}
                        {/if} 
                    {/foreach}

Change 1 to the ID of the Length attribute group and 2 to the ID of the Models attribute group. You can add more if statements as required.

Hmm tried but it diden't do anything on the page

I have a theme installed.

So i have the following under /public_html/themes

- default-bootstrap

- pf_nextstore (Bought Theme)

- Prestashop

Edited by Runge1980 (see edit history)

It's themes/pf_nextstore/product-list.tpl that you should edit. You can find the attribute group IDs on your Catalog > Product Attributes tab in the Back Office.

{if isset($products) && $products}
{*define numbers of product per line in other page for desktop*}

{if Configuration::get('PTS_CP_PRODUCTS_ITEMROW')}
{assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=Configuration::get('PTS_CP_PRODUCTS_ITEMROW')}
{assign var='nbItemsPerLineTablet' value=Configuration::get('PTS_CP_PRODUCTS_ITEMROW')}
{else}
{assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=3}
{assign var='nbItemsPerLineTablet' value=3}
{/if}

{assign var='nbItemsPerLineMobile' value=2}

{*define numbers of product per line in other page for tablet*}
{assign var='nbLi' value=$products|@count}
{math equation="nbLi/nbItemsPerLine" nbLi=$nbLi nbItemsPerLine=$nbItemsPerLine assign=nbLines}
{math equation="nbLi/nbItemsPerLineTablet" nbLi=$nbLi nbItemsPerLineTablet=$nbItemsPerLineTablet assign=nbLinesTablet}

{math equation="nbLi/nbItemsPerLine" nbLi=12 nbItemsPerLine=$nbItemsPerLine assign=colLap}
{math equation="nbLi/nbItemsPerLine" nbLi=12 nbItemsPerLine=$nbItemsPerLineTablet assign=colTablet}
{math equation="nbLi/nbItemsPerLine" nbLi=12 nbItemsPerLine=$nbItemsPerLineMobile assign=colMobile}
<!-- Products list -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var colLap = {$colLap};
var colTablet = {$colTablet};
var colMobile = {$colMobile};
</script>
<ul{if isset($id) && $id} id="{$id}"{/if} class="product_list products-block grid row{if isset($class) && $class} {$class}{/if}{if isset($active) && $active == 1} active{/if}">
{foreach from=$products item=product name=products}
{math equation="(total%perLine)" total=$smarty.foreach.products.total perLine=$nbItemsPerLine assign=totModulo}
{math equation="(total%perLineT)" total=$smarty.foreach.products.total perLineT=$nbItemsPerLineTablet assign=totModuloTablet}
{math equation="(total%perLineT)" total=$smarty.foreach.products.total perLineT=$nbItemsPerLineMobile assign=totModuloMobile}
{if $totModulo == 0}{assign var='totModulo' value=$nbItemsPerLine}{/if}
{if $totModuloTablet == 0}{assign var='totModuloTablet' value=$nbItemsPerLineTablet}{/if}
{if $totModuloMobile == 0}{assign var='totModuloMobile' value=$nbItemsPerLineMobile}{/if}
<li class="ajax_block_product  col-xs-cus-12 col-xs-6 col-sm-{$colMobile} col-md-{$colTablet} col-lg-{$colLap}{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLine == 0} last-in-line{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLine == 1} first-in-line{/if}{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration > ($smarty.foreach.products.total - $totModulo)} last-line{/if}{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLineTablet == 0} last-item-of-tablet-line{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLineTablet == 1} first-item-of-tablet-line{/if}{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLineMobile == 0} last-item-of-mobile-line{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLineMobile == 1} first-item-of-mobile-line{/if}{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration > ($smarty.foreach.products.total - $totModuloMobile)} last-mobile-line{/if}"  data-col-lg="{$colLap}" data-col-md="{$colTablet}" data-col-sm="{$colMobile}" data-col-xs="6">

{include file="$tpl_dir./sub/product/swap.tpl" product=$product class=''}

</li>
{/foreach}
</ul>
{addJsDefL name=min_item}{l s='Please select at least one product' js=1}{/addJsDefL}
{addJsDefL name=max_item}{l s='You cannot add more than %d product(s) to the product comparison' sprintf=$comparator_max_item js=1}{/addJsDefL}
{addJsDef comparator_max_item=$comparator_max_item}
{addJsDef comparedProductsIds=$compared_products}
{/if}

This is how it looks in the pf_nextstore product-list.tpl file.
Any specific place the code should be added?
Tried putting it in in the end. that just made some 500 internal errors on the site.

Yes, I hope so. It's hard to know, since I'm not familiar with your theme.

ok i will try at ones.

I actually tried to contact the company that made the theme with the same post as here and here is what they said:

hi, thank for your idea. it is great. but this problem have to hack code, you can contact with prestashop to help. sorry i can't help you

thanks

Sorry, there was a typo in my code. It should be == 2} not == 2'}

If you still have problems after fixing that, you can edit config/defines.inc.php and change PS_DEV_MODE from false to true and you'll get an error message instead of a 500 error.

It's working fine on my PrestaShop v1.6.1.6 test site. Here's what I see:

post-13933-0-33469700-1470012534_thumb.png

Because the demo products use the "Size" attribute, which has an attribute group ID of 1, all the products say "More lengths available".

It's working fine on my PrestaShop v1.6.1.6 test site. Here's what I see:

attachicon.gifscreenshot.png

Because the demo products use the "Size" attribute, which has an attribute group ID of 1, all the products say "More lengths available".

Ok.. where did you put the code? In bootstrap => produkt-list.tpl ?

Should I get in touch with the ones that made the theme.

Yes, it was themes/default-bootstrap/product-list.tpl where I put the code. You can try to get in touch with your theme developer, though they may not be willing to adapt the modification to their theme.

Ok

Alternativ is there a module that supports this

It would be possible to write a module to do it. The module would need to have a function like this:

public function hookDisplayProductPriceBlock($params)
{
    if ($params['type'] == 'weight') {
        foreach (Product::getAttributesParams($params['product']['id_product'], $params['product']['id_product_attribute') as $attribute) {
            if ($attribute['id_attribute_group'] == 1) {
                return '<p>'.$this->l('More lengths available').'</p>';
            } elseif ($attribute['id_attribute_group'] == 2) {
                return '<p>'.$this->l('More models available').'</p>';
            }
        }
    }
}