Question on Default Theme

On the default theme, I removed the language and currency modules, and the quick search, contact, sitemap, and bookmark moved to the top-middle of the page. How do i scoot it to the right as in the attached image like it was when i first installed it?

Also, a second question, how do I make the logo touch the top of the page as the quick search does?

Many thanks in advanced!

1962_3rJeIqm2ejw4PmgiyqFv_t

Thanks for the tip rsvp... I found what you are talking about, and was able to get the logo where I wanted it... There are quite a few header entries in the style sheet. i played around with them, and was able to get the search box over to the right, but then when i move the links, (bookmark, sitemap etc) they go to the right of the search box... any ideas?

Go to: Back office » Modules » Positions, scroll down to the 'Top of pages' block, and make sure that the 'Quick Search Block' is positioned below the 'Permanent Links' block.

If it is, then open the css file, and do a search for '/* block top search */' (Without the quotes ;) )

change:

/* block top search */
#header #search_block_top {
   background: #e5e6e7 url('../img/block_search_bg.jpg') no-repeat top right;
   height: 28px;
   width: 330px;
   float: left;
}

to:

/* block top search */
#header #search_block_top {
   background: #e5e6e7 url('../img/block_search_bg.jpg') no-repeat top right;
   height: 28px;
   width: 330px;
   float: right;
}

and see if that helps.

This is making me wonder if I've messed up the upgrade to my demo store, as the only way I've been able to affect the order of these blocks has been to uninstall them and install in the correct order.... I don't have an option to move them in the positions menu...

Paul

Thanks P55. I had set it to right as you show in the example before when rsvp suggested the .css, and as soon as I adjusted the position of the Quick search block as you suggested, it did exactly as it was told. Thanks so much for taking the time to help!!!

So far from what i have seen, this is the raddest eCommerce solution out there. :-)

• 5 months later...