Multiple stores vs alternatives and problems

wilsonj

Hi,

I've been using Prestashop for a few years now and run a wholesale and retail store from the same installation.

Setting up products etc can become quite confusing, however that isn't the main issue. I seem to have great difficulty with stock, it either doesn't keep track properly, or splits my customers invoices because it thinks some products come from one warehouse and others from another. But I only have one warehouse set up!

This is driving me crazy, and it is becoming very embarrassing.

So I am thinking about reinstalling Prestashop, transferring data across and returning to a single store, and use groups to show wholesale pricing.

I would really love some input regarding this decision, and if it seems like the most logical way to go about it. Or if there is an alternative that would be great too.

I'd even entertain running 2 separate installations if I could RELIABLY link stock to one database. I don't mind logging into 2 back ends, it would be a small price to pay to keep things separate.  

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi, sorry you have stock issues with multishop.

I have module that is geared toward a multiple domain on one installation for those that want to run mydomain.com | mydomain.fr | etc.  While we market as international type module it can be used for any domain/subdomain configuration.  

You might  find it interesting at the very least. :)

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/530535-module-international-seo-multishop-pro/