Unable to enable OPcache in PHP.ini for Prestashop

CKD_Graywolf

Hello, I'm testing 1.7.0.0 on HostGator and trying to enable OPcache on my live server, but i dont have no access to the PHP.ini config file. Called HostGator they told me it was above their scope of services, my only option is use htaccess to enable OPcache on my live server. 

Im totally lost, on how to rewrite these the setting for htaccess: 

opcache.memory_consumption=128

opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=4000
opcache.revalidate_freq=60
opcache.fast_shutdown=1
opcache.enable_cli=1

opcache.enable=1

&

extension=php_gd2.dll
zend_extension=php_opcache.dll

What hostgator wants to tell you is: add a php.ini to your root. Or if you have server administrator rights you can change server settings by yourself with SSH. From what you are telling I suppose that it is the first one.

Add a php.ini to your root webspace with the lines they gave you, for to configure opCache.

SSH connection and server root administration rights. If not available, only by asking provider for help.

phpinfo.php should show you if the settings are applying. If tutorial needed: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

Thanks man for helping me. Called my hosting company and I looked over a few articles. HostGator doesn't allow Opcache on a shared server. Im now stuck only using PEAR Package to preform caching but it not as good as OPcache.

Edited by CKD_Graywolf (see edit history)

Not for PS 1.7-

For older versions you can downgrade php-version and use APC or xCache.

PHP version 5.4. lower still support the use of these cache modules. php 5.4.14 (I think) are having opCache on board as standard. In this case the sever should be configured accordingly.

Move to another hosting package or to forget OS 1.7. are the only two options.