[SOLVED] [Leo Exist] Quantity field next to "add to cart" on the main page

tumil

Hi,

I need to add a quantity choice field next to "Add to cart" button on the main page of my shop, where featured and bestsellers are shown

recently I asked about the same thing while I was editing my differend shop but it turned out, that it was easy to achieve thanks to theme's options.

Now I have to deal with this problem on Leo Exist.

I have found two tutorials describing how to do it:

https://mypresta.eu/en/art/prestashop-16/quantity-product-list.html

https://mypresta.eu/en/art/developer/prestashop-quantity-field-on-product-list.html

I used the first to achieve this on my third shop, which is using the default theme. It worked fine (Thanks Vekia!) but now the situation is a little bit harder.

In theme/product-list.tpl I don't have these lines of code that are described in tutorials, all I have is this:

{*
* 2007-2014 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to [email protected] so we can send you a copy immediately.
* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
*  @author PrestaShop SA <[email protected]>
*  @copyright  2007-2014 PrestaShop SA
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php  Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}
{include file="$tpl_dir./layout/setting.tpl"}
{if isset($products) && $products}
	{*define numbers of product per line in other page for desktop*}
        {if isset($class)}
            {*only display grid mode when include from other module*}
            {assign var="LISTING_GRIG_MODE" value="grid" scope="global"}
            {assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=$LISTING_PRODUCT_COLUMN_MODULE}
            {if $LISTING_PRODUCT_COLUMN_MODULE=="5"}
                {assign var="colValue" value="col-xs-{12/$LISTING_PRODUCT_MOBILE} col-sm-{12/$LISTING_PRODUCT_TABLET} col-md-2-4 col-sp-12" scope="global"}
            {else}
                {assign var="colValue" value="col-sp-12 col-xs-{12/$LISTING_PRODUCT_MOBILE} col-sm-{12/$LISTING_PRODUCT_TABLET} col-md-{12/$LISTING_PRODUCT_COLUMN_MODULE}" scope="global"}
            {/if}
        {else}
            {assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=$LISTING_PRODUCT_COLUMN}
	{/if}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLineTablet' value=$LISTING_PRODUCT_TABLET}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLineMobile' value=$LISTING_PRODUCT_MOBILE}
	{*define numbers of product per line in other page for tablet*}
	{assign var='nbLi' value=$products|@count}
	{math equation="nbLi/nbItemsPerLine" nbLi=$nbLi nbItemsPerLine=$nbItemsPerLine assign=nbLines}
	{math equation="nbLi/nbItemsPerLineTablet" nbLi=$nbLi nbItemsPerLineTablet=$nbItemsPerLineTablet assign=nbLinesTablet}
	<!-- Products list -->
	<div{if isset($id) && $id} id="{$id}"{/if} class="product_list {$LISTING_GRIG_MODE} row {if isset($class) && $class} {$class}{/if}">
	{foreach from=$products item=product name=products}
		{math equation="(total%perLine)" total=$smarty.foreach.products.total perLine=$nbItemsPerLine assign=totModulo}
		{math equation="(total%perLineT)" total=$smarty.foreach.products.total perLineT=$nbItemsPerLineTablet assign=totModuloTablet}
		{math equation="(total%perLineT)" total=$smarty.foreach.products.total perLineT=$nbItemsPerLineMobile assign=totModuloMobile}
		{if $totModulo == 0}{assign var='totModulo' value=$nbItemsPerLine}{/if}
		{if $totModuloTablet == 0}{assign var='totModuloTablet' value=$nbItemsPerLineTablet}{/if}
		{if $totModuloMobile == 0}{assign var='totModuloMobile' value=$nbItemsPerLineMobile}{/if}	
		<div class="ajax_block_product col-sp-12 {$colValue}{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLine == 0} last-in-line
		{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLine == 1} first-in-line{/if}
		{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration > ($smarty.foreach.products.total - $totModulo)} last-line{/if}
		{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLineTablet == 0} last-item-of-tablet-line
		{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLineTablet == 1} first-item-of-tablet-line{/if}
		{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLineMobile == 0} last-item-of-mobile-line
		{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLineMobile == 1} first-item-of-mobile-line{/if}
		{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration > ($smarty.foreach.products.total - $totModuloMobile)} last-mobile-line{/if}">
			{include file="$tpl_dir./product-item.tpl" callFromModule=isset($class)}
		</div>

{/foreach}
	</div>
{addJsDefL name=min_item}{l s='Please select at least one product' js=1}{/addJsDefL}
{addJsDefL name=max_item}{l s='You cannot add more than %d product(s) to the product comparison' sprintf=$comparator_max_item js=1}{/addJsDefL}
{addJsDef comparator_max_item=$comparator_max_item}
{addJsDef comparedProductsIds=$compared_products}
{/if}

BUT I found those lines in product-item.tpl

<div class="functional-cart-detail">
				<div class="cart">
					{if ($product.id_product_attribute == 0 || (isset($add_prod_display) && ($add_prod_display == 1))) && $product.available_for_order && !isset($restricted_country_mode) && $product.minimal_quantity <= 1 && $product.customizable != 2 && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}
						{if (!isset($product.customization_required) || !$product.customization_required) && ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)}
							{if isset($static_token)}
								<a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button btn btn-outline" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart',false, NULL, "add=1&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}&token={$static_token}", false)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Add to cart'}" data-id-product="{$product.id_product|intval}">
									<i class="fa fa-shopping-cart"></i>
									<span>{l s='Add to cart'}</span>
								</a>
							{else}
								<a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button btn btn-outline" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart',false, NULL, 'add=1&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}', false)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Add to cart'}" data-id-product="{$product.id_product|intval}">
									<span>{l s='Add to cart'}</span>
								</a>
							{/if}
						{else}
							<div class="ajax_add_to_cart_button btn disabled btn-outline" title="{l s='Out of stock'}" >
								<span>{l s='Out of stock'}</span>
							</div>
						{/if}
					{/if}
				</div>

However my changes don't take any effect. I think that I'm still editing the wrong file because even when I deleted for test: 

the cart icons still appeared. How can I add those quantity input fields in Leo Exist theme? Which file should i edit?

Thanks for help

Edited by tumil (see edit history)

If you delete all your code and the previous code still shows on the website, it is likely a Smarty caching issue. You should go to Advanced Parameters > Performance and choose "Recompile templates if the files have been updated". If "Cache" is set to "Yes", then you should click the "Clear cache" button whenever you make a change, or change "Cache" to "No" until you've finished editing code.