An error occurred. No stock was added.

emartinez0131

I added 9 products to my catalog, and the Advanced Stock Management system is in use. The first 7 went without a hitch - I created my warehouse, selected the items in each product associated with the warehouse, went into stock management, and added stock -- no problem.

The last two items simply refuse to add stock. I get the error, which is the title of this topic: An error occurred. No stock was added.

I added all of the products following the same exact guidelines as the others. Unless there is some limitation with the advance stock management system I wasn't aware of, I am stumped.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. I've done a lot of programming and development, and I don't mind sharing tips and helping others whenever possible. I am new to PrestaShop, but not ecommerce or php.

Thank in advance to all,

--Ed

If you're getting that error, it means StockManager::getProducts is returning false. You'll need to investigate why. The $quantity or $id_product parameters may be missing or invalid, the $warehouse parameter may not be a valid object, the $price_te parameter may be 0 or the $warehouse->management_type may be invalid. Once you add some debugging code to know which of these is returning false, it will be easier to trace the problem.

• 3 months later...

It's taken a while to figure out what the issues were with the Advanced Stock Management, which is why I haven't posted for some time. Here's what we discovered was causing the issues:

- We performed an intensive import of products into PrestaShop using a 3rd party called Cart2Cart. They did an excellent job getting all of our products, descriptions, images, etc. into PS.

- We setup the site again without the import, and added products instead of an import. This solved the issue.

Something about the import was not liked by the Advanced Stock Management in PS. Not having knowledge of the internals, I can't really provide a "true solution" - but at least moving forward I know what not to do. I also realize that this doesn't help someone looking to move an extensive number of products into their PS. Bear in mind that our import was from a different CMS, which is likely to have contributed to a less than perfect import. My honest guess is that if you're moving from one PS shop to a new one, you may not encounter the issues we did.

I hope this helps anyone out there with a similar situation.