Both cleanurl and url with ID showing up on google :(

After a move of a store from one server to another (same domain though), I noticed today (two weeks after) after a massive drop on my google positions of a lot of keywords. :( So I looked around and on the 17th I got over 200 website url errors according to google webmaster tools. So I checked my sitemap but that one updates itself sometimes so I dont know if the wrong urls were there just for a small amount of time and now are gone or what. But currently I see now urls on the sitemap with ID's. So I marked the errors as "fixed" on google and updated my sitemap to google.

The urls coming up on the errors were urls with the core-prestashop Id's.. I use a cleanurl module that removes these so the ID's are not something I use. Not sure how it got on there 

What I can see by searching google for certain words I can see that my website comes up as two entries on google for same word - example:

domain.com/c/categoryname/

domain/89-categoryname

Where if you click on the first one you come into the real category, and clicking the second it does not since that url shouldnt be there in the first place :( If I click to see a cached version of the second one, I can see the category-page from the 15th (so at this point the cleanurl module must have been not working). Perhaps I also tweaked something in the htaccess that caused the module to stop working for a little bit.

Any ideas of what I should do more than just update my sitemap and wait for google to catch up (and not load the bad urls)?

How long will this take?

Im very worried about this as I have laid down a lot of work on my keywords for the past two years for this upcoming christmas and to all of a sudden lose a lot of those positions doesnt feel good. :(

Edited by CutePanda (see edit history)

Use any module to remove iDs from URLs are a bad idea... anyway, maybe you have installed another module that needed own override and have removed the override used by that module.

Regards

I agree Enrique!

Good way to destroy your shop without at first knowing you did.  But when you do realize it, it  will be to late.