How to set prestashop URL

Hi, I'm Davyn and I'm new to prestashop.

My problem is that if I want to access my online store, I have to go to domain.com/prestashop. However, I find the need to add /prestashop inconvenient. Is there a way for me to access my online store by going to domain.com? Do I have to configure the index.html file to do so? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

There are a couple ways to accomplish.

1. if you do not run a website (no files) in your domain.com,  then you can copy your /prestashoop folder into root domain,  then access back office-->preferences-->seo & urls and change the domain ssl and domain by removing the /prestashop.  Note: rerun your sitemap.xml, also note you will want to also create 301 redirect in ps .htaccess to send /prestashop links to domain.com.  

2. if you always want domain.co to redirect (remember redirects are bad),  then update  add .htaccess to domain.com (assuming no other files), with 301 redirect to domain.com/prestashop

(1.) is the best method

(2.) I don't like :)

I hope this helps...also there are a lot of similar posts, it's best to search outside of forum to get best results,  i.e. "prestashop change folder" for example.

Happy day, el