Having some serious issues after update to V1.6

SantieM

Hi there.

I have recently updated to Version 1.6, but since then have had only problems with this site. We run both a complete webstore and a dummy site to run tests on, and decided to try the update on the test site first, just in case something went wrong.

The live and working site is: http://www.jizni.co.za

While our test site is: http://www.firearmfanatics.co.za/shop

The two major problems that I am having after the update, are as follows:

• Each and every category now shows the same products. This differs depending on which category you go to first. If for instance you go to clothing as your first category, you can go to any other category and it will also show you all of the items in clothing. The database is the same (just older) as the live site, and the products were showing up and working correctly before the update. Also, there always shows a wrong number of products right above the option to change the view from list to grid, when you open the category. (It shows there is 1 product, or there are 0 products, which is always incorrect for the number of products in that category! This can be confirmed by checking on the live version of the site.)  

• When I open any product, or category, there is a panel on the left that shows CATALOG with a few options to sort by (Hand, Cant, Kydex...). I need to remove this bar, but have yet been unsuccessful in doing so.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, as this is driving me insane.

Edited by SantieM (see edit history)

I'm not sure how to help with the first issue. Something must have gone wrong when upgrading the category and product tables. I can help with the second issue though. It's the "Layered Navigation block" that's displaying that "Catalog" block. You can disable the "Layered Navigation block" from the "Modules" tab in the Back Office.

• 3 months later...

In the end we decided to can the update and move to a different server to run the test again. The upgrade on the test site went smoothly on the new server and so we decided to upgrade the live site too...

What a big mistake! Everything looks fine, but we are still riddled with issues - one of which I started a new topic for today...