No storage for virtual products

maheu

Hi,

I recently installed PrestaShop for a little onlineshop for a non-profit organisation. We sell there physical products and also virtual products. For physical products of course we need the simple storage management, but for virtual products it is not needed.

How can I switch it off for single products? Now a buyer gets the notification that the product is not in stock. I thought about just adding few thousand as available quantity but it doesn't seem very "clean" to me. So how can I just deactivate the function for single products?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

In the PrestaShop 1.6 backend you go to the product in the catalog. You can go the "Quantity" tab and allow orders when out of stock. The stock will still be updated so if stock is 0 after a order it will be -1. 

You can also edit the message the customers get (global and product-specific) when a product is out of stock in the "Quantity" tab on the product page like: Always in stock. 

Hope this is helpfull for you!

With friendly regards,

The Adeko team!

Thanks for your answer! I already set up the option to accept orders, if the product is out of stock. Still the costumer gets the out of stock message and also in the backend at "orders" the status of the particular order is "out of stock".

Cheers!

Hi Maheu,

Did you change these settings at product level or at webshop level?

I can imagine you want to use the stock in the physical products, so if you use both physical and virtual products this could be a problem for your stock management.

Were sorry but there is no real sollution for this at the moment.

At this moment the only sollution is giving the virtual product a stock of 9999.

With friendly regards,

The Adeko team!