Combinations price gets altered on product page

I hope i can explain the problem i am having clearly!

I own a rubber stamp company. I would like to offer the stamp on a mount for an additional $2. I can get everything set up correctly except for when you open the product in it's own page the price goes wonky. Example, as bare rubber the price is supposed to be $6 and though it says $6 on the category page, when you open it up as it's own page it suddenly says 8.82. When added to your cart, it is still 6. But why in the world would the price be different on the product page.
I dont want to deter buyers because the cost looks higher. How in the world do i fix that?

yes, this seems to have corrected the problem. I dont know if it will alter anything else, but i was very proud of myself for finding a solution! Now i would LOVE to have both options (since there are only 2 for me) to show up in the categories and not just when i open the product page. Is there an option for that??

I would love a code to do it. I only have the 2 options (the default option and then the one add on option) so only 1 button would be needed. I would never expect someone to work for free for something like that. Feel free to send me a PM with prices you have for work like that. :D