Product comments - doesn't do anything when click "write review"

karid

Hi all, I need product rating on my web and decided to try with free product comments module. I enable it, so it shows "reviews" on the bottom of product description, I hook it to "display right column product" but when click on it it nothing happend... im sure that its something simple what I do wrong but Im totally newbie to all that and thats just a web which I done for myself and never ever again:-)

www.handmadecards. ie

I knew that its something simple:-) Thank you soooo much,

if you can also advice how I can set up stars thats will be 5 first not 3? as if customer not change them I will get 3:-)

also if you can help - when I click it, it doesnt look good, " title, comment, your name"  they are not in streight line if you know what I mean:-) and is any way to hide the description about size etc? or any suggestions what can I change to looks better?

thank you

Try adding the following to the module's CSS:

.new_comment_form_content label { float: left; clear: left; width: 90px }
.new_comment_form_content input, .new_comment_form_content textarea { width: 180px; margin-bottom: 12px }

You can change the label "Tell people what you think:" to "Rating:" to make it neater.

• Like 1

thanks, I changed it to Rating:-)

now Its not that clear for me - in ...public_html/handmadecards.ie/themes/specialdev222-bootstrap/css and then global.css  - but should I replace something or add it somewhere?

Unfortunately, the module is designed in a way that the title is required. You'd have to modify the module to remove it.

You should copy modules/productcomments/productcomments.css to that location to override it and add your own CSS.

ok, to be fair I dont know how to do it.. anyway thanks for all your help, really appreciate it!, and probably I will just buy some module in the future:-) that will be the easiest option:-)

one more thing  - can I some way place textboxes under the text "title, etc..??

In that case, add the following CSS instead of the one above:

.new_comment_form_content label { width: 100% }
.new_comment_form_content input, .new_comment_form_content textarea { width: 250px; margin-bottom: 12px }
  • Like 1