Solved! Minic Slider 4.1.11 unable to achieve full width with PS 1.6.1.6

jjackson1375

I am unable to achieve full width for Minic slider v 4.1.11. I followed Vekia's Tutorial but the slider is still not full width. The closest I was able to get was when I unhooked Minic Slider from the DisplayHeader position but the slider did not function and images were shown stack on top of each other. Does anyone else have a solution? The Top Horizontal Menu is also not displayed correctly and I'm not sure how to fix that either :(

My website is http://www.jewelrybyjamie.com

Thanks, Jamie

post-370964-0-56733700-1467085120_thumb.jpg

Edited by jjackson1375 (see edit history)

You should not unhook modules from the displayHeader hook, since that adds the JavaScript and CSS they require to the <head> section of your website. You should go back to the Modules > Positions tab and transplant the Minic Slider (and any other modules you've removed from there) to the displayHeader hook.

Rocky, I fixed it. I rehooked to the HeaderDisplay position, which restored the functionality of the slider but it was not at full screen so I went into nivo-slider.css in module folder and changed code in blue:

#minic_slider {

position:relative;

z-index:1;

width:100%;

}

@media only screen and (min-width: 1170px) {

#minic_slider {

width:100%;

float:left;

The change to code fixed the problem.

Edited by jjackson1375 (see edit history)

I think it's going to be tricky to make the slider full-width. The main problem is that it is inside a <header> that is not full width. I think you'll have to make the header full-width too or move the slider outside of the header into a separate wrapper that is full-width. The CSS file you're looking for is /themes/theme818/css/modules/minicslider/views/js/plugins/nivo-slider/nivo-slider.css.