Abandoned carts problem.

Vladimirovna

Hi, guys! We really need your help. Our shop faces serious abandoned carts problem. Almost each cart gets abandoned. We've started operating a couple of months ago and these are actually our first orders. I suppose the cart (Supercheckout) module might not be working properly as we have changed its code to add in-store-pick-up addresses drop down and some other options. But when we make a test purchase everything seems to work fine. We would really appreciate if some of experienced members could spend a while to check our shop and help us to understand what is wrong with it. www.regattaoutlet.lv/en

Thank you in advance!

post-1140653-0-81164100-1466607818_thumb.png

Hi, guys! We really need your help. Our shop faces serious abandoned carts problem. Almost each cart gets abandoned. We've started operating a couple of months ago and these are actually our first orders. I suppose the cart (Supercheckout) module might not be working properly as we have changed its code to add in-store-pick-up addresses drop down and some other options. But when we make a test purchase everything seems to work fine. We would really appreciate if some of experienced members could spend a while to check our shop and help us to understand what is wrong with it. www.regattaoutlet.lv/en

Thank you in advance!

Have you tried to get in contact with those clients you have? They may give you a more clear view on the problem and what's making them to abandon the cart.

Have you tried to get in contact with those clients you have? They may give you a more clear view on the problem and what's making them to abandon the cart.

It would be great to get in touch with them but sadly there is no option to see their contacts when they abandon without registering :(

Edited by Vladimirovna (see edit history)

I am missing any quantification. How much abandoned carts do you have per order? That way other people selling similar things could compare it with their experience.

I also miss any evaluation. Maybe your transport costs are too high or you have other unattractive conditions.

You could also ask the easy guinea pigs to test your site: your mom, your friends, etc. You could agree upfront with them that they will make an order and that you will cancel it after it has been finished.

An easy way to test would be with a very attractive offer that is cheaper than any of your competitors and also than buying in a shop. It might cost you a bit of money but if you restrict it to one per customer and stop after 10 sold the damage would be moderate. In such a situation customers would be motivated to call or mail you when they encounter any problem.