NOT ORDERED (empty) cart after customer LOGIN

J-works.cz

Hello,

I have a big problem. When any customer logs into my shop, there is created NOT ORDERED cart. I can see it on B.O. page: CUSTOMERS / SHOPPING CARTS.

I was testing it with my own customer account so I can see it all. After login I do not order any stuff or anything like this. I just log in and the empty shopping cart is created.

Any advice? Does anyone know what file I should check for mistakes / bug? What files are executed after successfull login? 

Thank you very much

• 2 months later...

Aloha,

I think the default behavior of the software is to create a cart when a customer logs on. I'm not understanding why that is a problem. At what point in the process would you want a cart created? It seems to me that by logging on, the customer is already prepared to shop, if they just want to browse, they can do that without logging on, yes? Think of it like a real shopping cart in a supermarket, a person would grab a cart to shop, or walk around and just look if they did not want to shop.

Don't know if this helps, Tim

A cart should be created when an item into it, otherwise is not a cart and it creates trash in db. Any other behavior is wrong. I could accept a cart that is emptied later on but at least it should contain an item at some stage. The real shop simulation is not relevant in this case, grabbing a cart does not create entries and information in any db.

Thanks for the clarification, I understand. But I do still wonder how other online shopping sites (from Amazon on down to the smallest shop) handle the cart creation process, and if Prestashop is really doing it incorrectly. When I log on to Amazon or eBay or whatever, I have an empty cart before I put anything into it. Maybe those sites have the same back end database cleanup that needs to happen with empty carts.

I'm just musing here, maybe one of the experts will check this thread and offer more than I can.

best regards, Tim

Aloha, Rocky,

thanks for your reply. It seems to me that the empty cart is created at login, whether the "Re-display cart at login" is set to yes or no.

As far as I can tell, the issue is when the cart is created, at login, before any item is put in a cart, or only after an item is selected for purchase. I don't have a dog in this fight, because I don't have any customers yet! Want to buy some jewelry??? ha ha ha sigh ....

best, Tim

Edited by lucoral (see edit history)