Server loading forever when importing lots of Variations

moabaer

Hello

We are using Prestashop 1.6.1.5 with a VPS on Ubuntu. Everything is up to date.

Now we wanted to make a new product, which has around 7.000 variations. This is because there are 4 different models, 2 colors and lots of variations of each of those.

Product link is here:

http://www.lowlab.at/felgen/6097692-lowlab-tiefbett-stahlfelgen-vorbestellung.html

Ok problem is, when we want to CSV import the variations, the site loads forever. Now I see in my VPS that it is doing something, apache2 and mysql together are on a CPU level of 40-70 for over 3 hours now. As you can see, it worked with a big batch of different products, no problem. But it seems to be a lot of work for the variations.

We already tried to make a new product and import the variations again. Also I have dev mode enabled, no error so far.

Any suggestions?

EDIT2: it seems it works with the new product but takes forever...this is not a problem though as it is just a matter of ressources. We can life with that. I hope it really works though, i will update as soon as every variation is online

Best regards

EDIT: If there are better moduls for CSV import, anything I can try I am open for anything now as this is a real pain.

Is there maybe a way to refresh the prestashop installation, without losing data? Maybe the installation became faulty somehow or the Database has problems.

Edited by moabaer (see edit history)

Prestashop is not very suitable for products with so much variations. 

When you load the product page it will contain a javascript table with those 7000 variations and for each how much is in stock and how much it costs. 

Hi

Thank you very much for that Tool! But bevor looking deeper into that, do you know wheather that still works in the newest Version of PrestaShop?

Best regards

EDIT: Sorry I misinterpreted your signature for the answer

Edited by moabaer (see edit history)