[SOLVED IN 1.3.0.10] 1.3 RC3 - No show tax on USA site

Not sure if I should post RC3 questions here or not. Sorry in advance if not.

I am playing around with 1.3 RC3 & cannot get the tax to NOT display on the pages as in the 1.2 (in other words, it is showing tax added to the price on display instead of the retail price only and then add the tax later). The option is not there under Preferences -> Products to add taxes only at end (not show taxes), not on any of the product pages. Am I missing the option somewhere? Has it been moved? or is it a module?

Thanks for the wisdom!

JTLS

• 2 weeks later...

My codebase is too modified so I'm not upgrading, just making individual bug fixes, so this is based on 1.2

I'm going to make some assumptions.

You've set in backoffice to display tax excluded.

You've removed ALL instances of "tax excl" and "tax incl." in your entire theme directory.
(use something like notepad++ to find/replace in all files)

While your at it you changed "vouchers" to "coupon" or something that sounds less retarded and european.

Yet, on the product page it still displays the "tax included" price if the user is from an applicable state?

That's done via JS irrelevant of your settings. You have to manually remove it. Yea, stupid, huh?

I'm going to assume you don't want/need pre-discounting the price or eco-tax since these are also unamerican

Just edit /themes/YOURTHEMEDIR/js/product.js and completely delete lines 223-262

I thought I'd let everyone know that the "Price display method" has been moved from the Preferences tab in PrestaShop v1.2.5 to the Customers > Groups section in v1.3, so that you can choose a different display method for each customer group.