Products are Out of Stock after Enabling Advanced Stock Management [RESOLVED]

WEMS

After enabling the following:

1. Advanced Stock Management
  2. I want to use the advanced stock management system for this product
  3. The available quantities for the current product and its combinations are based on the stock in your warehouse (using the advanced stock management system)."

Product quantity is automatically set to 0 and product is out of stock.

post-957122-0-85837900-1465212877_thumb.jpg 

post-957122-0-92556100-1465213041_thumb.jpg

Edited by WEMS (see edit history)

Hello! 

When Advanced Stock Management is activated, product quantity is managed via warehouse it's assigned to. If 0 is provided in the warehouse, the product automatically turns to out of stock. When you increase the quantity in warehouse, the product status will change to in stock. For more details, check this tutorial - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/additional-features/advanced-stock-management/products-are-out-of-stock-after-enabling-advanced-stock-management/

A way or a simple way ?  :)

Can you be more specific how to do that ?

I can't explain in Prestools in three sentences. This is free software so you can explore it further yourself.

Below you will see a screendump of how it works. This is for one product, but there is also a mass update option for all the products listed.

post-302430-0-23929000-1465552106_thumb.jpg

I can't explain in Prestools in three sentences. This is free software so you can explore it further yourself.

Below you will see a screendump of how it works. This is for one product, but there is also a mass update option for all the products listed.

attachicon.gifstock.jpg

This is my point of view a BIG Prestashop issue!  

I have migrated the shop from a completely other CMS Platform and now we need to make some adjustment. That's absolutely normal...

I loose many hours and days to find out how I can enable advanced stock without loosing the product quantity. The function is not given in Prestashop ! 

___

I have installed the tool in my admin folder, can you please let me know, which php file I should use to do that SIMPLE job and maybe some advice what I should do after.

Thanks !   

If you need to urgently set quantity for products in warehouses, I can recommend you also Store Manager. You can use export/import wizard, export products, their ASM status and quantity to .csv file. modify quantity and import file back. You do not need to export/import all the details. You can see how it's done, this tutorial outlines quantity update - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/additional-features/advanced-stock-management/update-prestashop-warehouse-stock-via-import/

You can do it with free trial version. Hope it'll help

I have installed the tool in my admin folder, can you please let me know, which php file I should use to do that SIMPLE job and maybe some advice what I should do after.

Thanks !   

You should use product-edit.php. 

There is a manual that you can download too.

I suggest that you do first some testing with single products and changing descriptions and so in order to get a feeling how it works. Then you can switch to stockflags and mass edit.