Complete newbie baffled

vapersNI

Hi everyone.

I am completely new to this way of opening and running a website so please go easy on me.

The forums have been a great help for me to get the store to where it is now but I still have plenty to do before it goes live.

One thing that's really confusing me is opening code (I think thats the right way of putting it)

The product I went for was Prestashop integrated with 1&1 hosting. Everything seems to be managed via my sites back office for adding products, viewing dashboard etc.

Basically I would like to change the date format on my back office dashboard from yyyy-mm-dd to dd-mm-yyyy. Now I found a thread on the forums from someone else who wanted to do the same and they were advised to:

Open up this

themes\default\template\controllers\dashboard\helpers\view\ view.tpl

Locate:

<strong class="text-info" id="datepicker-from-info">{$date_from|escape}</strong>

and

<strong class="text-info" id="datepicker-to-info">{$date_to|escape}</strong>

use, for example

{dateFormat date=$date_from}

Now I wish to know where I have to go or what I have to do to open this up, begin editing it, complete editing it so I have the correct date format on my dashboard.

Can anyone help me out a little? I have literally been trying for hours to no avail.

Thanks,

John.

Oh, I see the problem now. The date changes everywhere in the Front Office and Back Office except for the dashboard. It must be a bug in PrestaShop.

I can confirm that your solution posted above works. The date format on the dashboard changed when I changed lines 72-75 (in PrestaShop v1.6.1.5) of themes/default/template/controllers/dashboard/helpers/view/view.tpl from:

{l s='From'}
                                <strong class="text-info" id="datepicker-from-info">{$date_from|escape}</strong>
                                {l s='To'}
                                <strong class="text-info" id="datepicker-to-info">{$date_to|escape}</strong>

to:

{l s='From'}
                                <strong class="text-info" id="datepicker-from-info">{dateFormat date=$date_from|escape}</strong>
                                {l s='To'}
                                <strong class="text-info" id="datepicker-to-info">{dateFormat date=$date_to|escape}</strong>