Images Won't Show (Replaced by question marks)

vivianjewelry

All of my images on my website have disappeared. Sometimes, some of them appear, but it seems completely random. Here is my website link: http://vivianjewelry.com/shop/.

This problem began to occur after I tried to use the rollback function. After that failed, and caused a 404 File Not Found error when trying to open my BO, I manually restored my website by re-uploading old files to the server. The front and back office started to work again at first, but as time went on, all of the images on my FO turned into question marks.

Please help me find a solution!

Edited by vivianjewelry (see edit history)

Hello musicmaster and RuthMoore, unfortunately I have tried both of these options and they did not have any effect. When I try to regenerate thumbnails, I receive error messages saying that the "Original image is missing or empty" and gives the directory address for where the image should be. Is there anything else I can try?

If I wanted to find the files that I am looking for in an FTP client (FileZilla), would they surely be located in the 'public_html/shop' folder?

If you want to check the presence of the files you might consider to disable pretty urls. Then you will get the real paths to the images.

Thank you for the replies. I tried disabling pretty URLs and cannot find the files in my FTP client. This led me to believe that the files were deleted somehow, but I am confused because the images sometimes come back temporarily before disappearing. Would you have any explanation for this?

Thank you for the replies. I tried disabling pretty URLs and cannot find the files in my FTP client. This led me to believe that the files were deleted somehow, but I am confused because the images sometimes come back temporarily before disappearing. Would you have any explanation for this?

It looks like your newer products (white gold earrings) have their pictures shows.

So you should have a look in detail for one product/image.

Take for example product with id 36 (Eye Brow Rings Czech Crystal 316L Surgical Steel 0113). It has the following image: http://vivianjewelry.com/shop/img/p/1/2/0/120-large_default.jpg

So you look for the directory http://vivianjewelry.com/shop/img/p/1/2/0/. Is this directory there at all? Does it still contain its mother picture: 120.jpg? If even these pictures have disappeared need to look whether they are still there in some backup. 

0113 Multi Colored Czech Crystal Cone Eyebrow Rings

Musicmaster,

Thank you for the reply. I have looked in my local backup folder and my folders on the server, but the images are nowhere to be found. I believe the local backup that I have was created before I ever uploaded images, so unfortunately it makes sense for them to not be there. However, I feel like they should be on the server because appear every so often before disappearing again. Could the images be stored in some temporary location on the server that is being retrieved from on occasion?

FYI: If you look at my website now, some images have appeared again because I have begun re-uploading them.