importing customers

roroPrestashop

Hi Everyone

I have a huge list of customers from a different platform and I need to import them into Prestashop.

The trouble, and I assume you know, that the customers data is split into a few tables (well, at least to "customers" and "addresses", btu then there are groups, etc). 

How am I supposed to do this, while making sure that passwords, addresses, etc will match correctly? 

Are there modules for this? Or external services perhaps? Even a customers module could be a solution

Please help! and Thank you!

It depends how the passwords are coded in the old shop. If that is done well it is a one-way street: you can encode a user entered string into the encoded string in the database, but you cannot reverse the process and derive the original password from what is stored in the database. In that case you will need to ask your customers to reset their passwords.

RuthMoore - it's from nopcommerce and and old one. It seems like it isn't exporting the customers addresses as well. So I may have to dive into the database to get everything.

But then the problem is splitting that data somehow into the separate tables inside Prestashop and making sure everything cross references correctly... Really annoying that for some reason those tables are separateed inside Prestashop. Which services are available? Are there also non-automated services as well?

musicmaster - yes, I'm familiar with those concepts regarding the passwords. I will have to run a test to see if it's the same encryption method...